The end is nigh..!!

Started by Scrumpy, October 04, 2023, 06:03:15 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

You know when a 'celebrity ' is struggling.. they start to advertise stairlifts and funeral services..
  I see Carol Vorderman is on the funeral trail..
Botham .. cricketer.. is advertising some muscle machine for aching legs.. 
And loads of celebs are on their travels.. all over the place on 'freebies'.. 
I remember when Judith Chalmers and Cliff somebody or other were the only ones that left the country.. 'Wish you were Here'.. As kids , who only went on a coach trip , we watched it wide eyed..
Just felt like a moan..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Parkie lasted years flogging that crap life insurance and giving away pens. Wasn't it Vorderman playing a Smurf the other day?

Cassandra

Quote from: klondike on October 04, 2023, 06:20:40 PMParkie lasted years flogging that crap life insurance and giving away pens. Wasn't it Vorderman playing a Smurf the other day?

Well he was from Yorkshire after all :smiley: . I met him a few times through cricket and always found him  great fun, with a tendency to laugh easily.

His last pictures reveal how much he'd deteriorated in recent times.

[aged attachment deleted by system]
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on October 04, 2023, 06:52:05 PMWell he was from Yorkshire after all :smiley: . I met him a few times through cricket and always found him  great fun, with a tendency to laugh easily.

His last pictures reveal how much he'd deteriorated in recent times.
Good God!  I had no idea he'd deteriorated so much.  Of course, I haven't seen him for quite some time.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on October 04, 2023, 07:30:02 PMGood God!  I had no idea he'd deteriorated so much.  Of course, I haven't seen him for quite some time.
I wouldn't have had a clue who he was from that photo.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Cassandra

Quote from: JBR on October 04, 2023, 07:30:02 PMGood God!  I had no idea he'd deteriorated so much.  Of course, I haven't seen him for quite some time.

Yes exactly my thoughts too, I last saw him about five years ago at the Cricket Lovers Society I belong too, he was our President.

October 04, 2023, 08:45:57 PM
Quote from: Diasi on October 04, 2023, 08:20:58 PMI wouldn't have had a clue who he was from that photo.

I also saw him on TV a few months back Phil and like you never realised who it was until his name came up in closing.

October 04, 2023, 08:51:44 PM
Quote from: Scrumpy on October 04, 2023, 06:03:15 PMYou know when a 'celebrity ' is struggling.. they start to advertise stairlifts and funeral services..
  I see Carol Vorderman is on the funeral trail..
Botham .. cricketer.. is advertising some muscle machine for aching legs..
And loads of celebs are on their travels.. all over the place on 'freebies'..
I remember when Judith Chalmers and Cliff somebody or other were the only ones that left the country.. 'Wish you were Here'.. As kids , who only went on a coach trip , we watched it wide eyed..
Just felt like a moan..

Well someone has to pay for her implants I suppose?

Alex

That photo is quite shocking poor Parky, seemed a lovely fella.
Don't get me started on Vorderman ! :yell:

Michael Rolls

not sure if everyone realises that he died in August
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

Good point Mike I know most of the Sheffield Cricket Lovers Society, that he was President of did and it was covered out here because his interview with Mohammed Ali was so popular at the time.

Alternatively many of my cricketing pals didn't.

dextrous63

I thought that was a piccie of Vorderman without her makeup😬

Alex

Many tributes on telly here when he died, a very popular man by all accounts

Scrumpy

Lovely man.. Enjoyed his chat shows..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..