Head of Immigration Enforcement

Started by Alex, August 10, 2023, 01:04:14 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Senior police officer Bas Javid, brother of former home secretary Sajid Javid, has been appointed director-general of Immigration Enforcement at the Home Office.

Mr Javid is currently a Deputy Assistant Commissioner with the Metropolitan Police, and has previously held key positions at Avon and Somerset Police and West Midlands Police.

He's obviously an experienced high ranking police officer, but do we need another muslim in high office ?

Comments anyone  ?

JBR

Quote from: Alex on August 10, 2023, 01:04:14 PMSenior police officer Bas Javid, brother of former home secretary Sajid Javid, has been appointed director-general of Immigration Enforcement at the Home Office.

Mr Javid is currently a Deputy Assistant Commissioner with the Metropolitan Police, and has previously held key positions at Avon and Somerset Police and West Midlands Police.

He's obviously an experienced high ranking police officer, but do we need another muslim in high office ?

Comments anyone  ?
It is becoming quite commonplace to see more and more non-white people in high office in this country.  Going by names, many, perhaps most, seem to be muslims.

I suppose that once a few are in high office, they are likely to attract and no doubt support others of the same 'persuasion'.
By another token, muslim numbers in Britain are becoming greater every day, whether in high places or elsewhere.

Sadly, I cannot see these things ever changing.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Jacqueline

Like putting Dracula in charge of the Blood Bank.

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on August 10, 2023, 01:04:14 PMHe's obviously an experienced high ranking police officer, but do we need another muslim in high office ?

Comments anyone  ?
Or to put it another way, he filled the ethnic minority quota.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Yes you're probably right.  I'd forgotten about the quotas.