GPs again

Started by Michael Rolls, August 08, 2023, 12:40:41 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Pulse, the GP magazine has undertaken a poll of GPs and discovered that one in six refuse to offer fact-to-face appointments.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Time for a big shakeup. None are employees so they can't be sacked but their contracts could be terminated. No loss and no cost either.

Michael Rolls

I agree -according to NHS England pateints have a right to a face to face consultation.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

I had a phone appointment with a nurse re my annual MOT.  After the fiasco with my blood tests, the nurse told me my cholesterol was high.  She asked if I'd taken statins ? I said I had but I'd had problems with aching joints amongst other things.  To cut a long story short, she told me it was 12 years ago I'd taken the statins and perhaps I should try them again. 

Got a text message from Morrisons on Saturday to say a prescription was ready for collection. I had no idea what this was, I knew I'd collected my BP tablets a couple of weeks ago. :hmm:

Got back in the car and opened my goody bag to find 2 boxes of Atorvastatin.  So I didn't get to see or even speak to a doctor !!!   

klondike

Flush them. I had problems with one lot and stopped taking them. They kept pestering and I tried a different lot. Got problems with those almost immediately. Stopped taking them problem went away. Practices have targets on how many they push out. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/21/gps-paid-handing-statins-puts-patients-review-finds/

NHS bosses currently offer GP practices financial incentives to boost the rate of patients handed the cholesterol-lowering medication.

Scrumpy

I take Atorvastatin.. They don't give me any problems..
The first lot I tried made my legs ache..
Give them a try.. High Cholesterol is not good.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

They were the second lot they tried on me. I guess there is no problem trying them but I certainly won't be trying a third lot.

JBR

I take Atorvastatin and Ramipril.
Fortunately, I have no problems with either.
Numquam credere Gallicum

klondike

I'm guessing from the name ramipril is a blood pressure medicine. I take lisinopril and used to take another ***pril before that. As I type this I'm coming to think it was ramipril. I was taken off that after several years when I developed a strange itching on the top my feet. It must have either been those or psychosomatic as the itching went away. Body chemistry is complex as are adverse reactions to medicines. Millions take various statins with no adverse effects. Others don't. I am one of the others. I always knew I am special. :grin:

GrannyMac

OH had problems with the first two lots of statins, and he really needs them as his inherited condition means his body creates lots of bad cholesterol. He now is on a much smaller dose of Rosuvastatin, a more expensive drug, no side effects. I take a low dose of Atorvastatin, no problems.

Statins may help prevent dementia.  🤞🏼 Fingers crossed.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

Are you all on 4 mg Atorvastatin ?

Scrumpy

I am on 20mg.. I'm greedy..  :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Is it fattening?  :grin:

Google says dosages are between 10 and 80mg

Alex

I've just looked again, mine are 20mg not 2 mg  :grin: