The boring thread.....

Started by Scrumpy, July 18, 2023, 11:58:08 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Ok... I think you could be right..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I think it would take more than dull blades to pull decently rooted grass up - all they'd do is bend it over. 

Could be useful but I'd say just leave it now.

https://thegrasspeople.com/how-to-mow-a-new-lawn/#:~:text=However%2C%20there%20are%20rules%20for,heights%20of%20around%205%2D7cm.

Scrumpy

Ok.. I will leave it until the Spring..
I will buy a new mower .. mine is so old..
I need a lightweight one..
I deserve a treat..

dextrous63

I overseeded my lawn about a week after you'd done yours Scrump.  Today was the third time I've cut it (and will be the last regular one until late spring, but I might do one or two trims over the next few months).  Having sharpened my blades before cutting today, there was an amazing difference.  My mower is petrol and about 12 years old.

Vlad

"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

dextrous63

Does he live in a caravan and can he do tarmaccing?

Vlad

No, but he is the son in law. 😀

dextrous63

Is he the owner of that frisky little dog who adores your shin?

Vlad

Scrumpy

Went shopping... found a parking space that (suited) me..  Result..!!

dextrous63

Quote from: Vlad on September 25, 2024, 12:42:13 PMThe very same. 😃
So, on a quid pro quo basis, one good turn deserves another.  A service for a, er, service😬

Alex

First day up today, I think it's time for the winter duvet to go on the bed, it's so bloody cold 9 ° tonight

Raven

Quote from: Alex on September 26, 2024, 07:02:27 PMFirst day up today, I think it's time for the winter duvet to go on the bed, it's so bloody cold 9 ° tonight

Bloody cold here as well. 😭

Mups

Quote from: Alex on September 26, 2024, 07:02:27 PMFirst day up today, I think it's time for the winter duvet to go on the bed, it's so bloody cold 9 ° tonight

I dithered about yesterday when I changed the sheets, wondering whether to put my winter duvet on, Alex.
I thought it might be a bit early for me.

In the end I did take the summer one off and put my 13 tog one on, and by gum I am glad I did.   
It felt  sooooo  cosy and snug last night,  I didn't want to get up this morning.   Bliss.  

klondike