The boring thread.....

Started by Scrumpy, July 18, 2023, 11:58:08 AM

« previous - next »

Vlad

Quote from: GrannyMac on June 01, 2024, 04:53:36 PMklondike has been known to go fishing on a boat, will that do?

Thank you Dex, Alex Scrumpy and Mups, I do feel quite a bit better.  No more Covid jabs methinks.

Thanks.....Klondike? You out there...?
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

klondike

Quote from: GrannyMac on June 01, 2024, 04:53:36 PMklondike has been known to go fishing on a boat, will that do?

Thank you Dex, Alex Scrumpy and Mups, I do feel quite a bit better.  No more Covid jabs methinks.

That's my son's boat. We mostly fish from it in the marina but he has another smaller open boat  next to it which we use on the river. Not often so far as by the time he got it year before last it was late autumn and none too pleasant weather and nor was most of last year. So we stuck to the bigger boat and protection from the weather. Must be global warming.

As it happens we were there today getting both ready for the season which opens 16 June. There is a diesel heater we use if the weather is really cold but it got a bit choked up as they do. I've had it down the cellar cleaning it out. Not finished yet and I'm still blowing soot out of my nose from when I started off vacuuming the exhaust but had taken the filter out without realising that meant it would quickly fill the cellar with a fog of soot. Ooops.

dextrous63

I suspect that boat will be requisitioned for the war effort on the ripping yarn thread.

Is there a Jack Hawkins lookalike among us?

Silver Tabby

I am here - sorry about that! :sad:

Scrumpy

Quote from: dextrous63 on June 01, 2024, 10:58:16 PMI suspect that boat will be requisitioned for the war effort on the ripping yarn thread.

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Quote from: dextrous63 on June 01, 2024, 10:58:16 PMI suspect that boat will be requisitioned for the war effort
The diesel heater could produce a good smoke screen. The Geneva Convention would prohibit its use as a weapon.

Alex

The plunger has stopped working, so reluctantly time to find a plumber.

GrannyMac

I went for a walk this morning, before 8am.   Not too hot but beautiful sunshine. The park was almost empty, absolutely lovely.  Left DH  sleeping.  Came home, hung some washing out, DH and I are having coffee before we tackle some light gardening.  Glorious day.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Vlad

Quote from: dextrous63 on June 01, 2024, 10:58:16 PMI suspect that boat will be requisitioned for the war effort on the ripping yarn thread.

Nearly right, I have a cunning plan...you mentioned in a previous post about the pub in another forum, so I was thinking about resurrecting the Jockeys Nostril there would be a nautical element, I am not too sure if posters on here would welcome something like that. Any thoughts? Anybody?
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

dextrous63

Quote from: Alex on June 02, 2024, 10:14:11 AMThe plunger has stopped working, so reluctantly time to find a plumber.
What are you trying to unblock?

Alex

Quote from: GrannyMac on June 02, 2024, 10:18:44 AMI went for a walk this morning, before 8am.  Not too hot but beautiful sunshine. The park was almost empty, absolutely lovely.  Left DH  sleeping.  Came home, hung some washing out, DH and I are having coffee before we tackle some light gardening.  Glorious day.

Glad you're feeling better GM  :upvote: it's lovely here today too, has summer finally arrived ? :smiley:

June 02, 2024, 10:30:26 AM
Quote from: dextrous63 on June 02, 2024, 10:28:32 AMWhat are you trying to unblock?

Bathroom sink push down thingy  :rolleyes:

dextrous63

That blooming thing again? Stuck again, or just not draining?

JBR

Quote from: Alex on June 02, 2024, 10:29:43 AMGlad you're feeling better GM  :upvote: it's lovely here today too, has summer finally arrived ? :smiley:

June 02, 2024, 10:30:26 AM
Bathroom sink push down thingy  :rolleyes:
I seem to deal with that regularly in our en suite.
Unscrew the U-bend, don't turn the taps on yet!, find lots of gunk blocking it, physically scoop it all out, dispose of it somewhere sensible (down the toilet), put U-bend back in place, run some water through.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Alex

It's not easily accessible for me JB

klondike

Quote from: dextrous63 on June 02, 2024, 10:28:32 AMWhat are you trying to unblock?
The stuck sink plug I think. She misinterpreted your post suggesting a valve lapping tool.