Re-freezing

Started by Michael Rolls, January 16, 2022, 01:43:23 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Advice please. My neighbour is coming round to dinner this evening - nothing fancy, just steak and chips - but I have a problem. I bought the steaks early December and put them in the freezer, not knowing when I would use them - as it happens tonight. BUT, having put them in the fridge Tuesday, to defrost slowly, when I came to get them out, I realised that I had forgotten that I had bought three steaks, not two, because knowing that Veronica's sister was coming up for Christmas/New Year, and not knowing when I would use them, obviously three were called for. Now, after Ally, my neighbour, and I have scoffed our steaks - what about steak number three? I keep hearing something that I don't really understand about not refreezing something that has been defrosted. Why not? Would it be OK to put steak number three back in the freezer, or should I force myself (!) to have it tomorrow or Tuesday?
TIA
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

zoony

Painful as it might be Mike, eat it or chuck it away but if eating give it a sniff just in case.

Michael Rolls

seems good advice - thanks
Mike
[email protected]

crabbyob

i will be having a pork shoulder steak, salad potatoes boiled, and cabbage... :smiley: i shall remove the steak from the frying pan and replace it with a serving of the boiled cabbage which i will chase round the frying pan untill no evidence of the meat remains :smiley: i may also have a glass of cheap nasty white wine from Morrisons...

FLOUNCER19

I agree with Zonny , general advice is not to refreeze

klondike

Assuming it went in raw, comes out and you cook it you can refreeze it.

I think I'd try slicing it for a sandwich but I do have a slicer which makes that easy.

We live in a time when intelligent people are silenced so that stupid people won't be offended

crabbyob

or..... if they are not 32oz steaks share it between you...

Michael Rolls

Quote from: crabbyob on January 16, 2022, 04:15:16 PM
or..... if they are not 32oz steaks share it between you...
They are big steaks - and my weight....... hadn't thought of cooking and freezing - a decision will need to be made
Thanks
Mike
[email protected]

Alex

Cook it and then have it cold on butties  :grin:

Michael Rolls

that's the plan - thanks
Mike
[email protected]

klondike

I posted a link over on PF where you asked this. No idea if it has made it to the board or not yet but it's good to keep Chris occupied  :evil:

We live in a time when intelligent people are silenced so that stupid people won't be offended

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Yes it's there, timed at 2210 yesterday
[email protected]

klondike

That's when I posted it not when it appears on the forum. I did some tests in the word games  :evil:

Here's another. Mind you it looks like that game is dead there anyway so perhaps I could play after all.

Michael Rolls

Obviously of highly contentious content!
Mike
[email protected]