Don't See the Need.

Started by Raven, June 17, 2023, 12:45:01 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

As you will know by now, political stuff is not something I like and very little interests me BUT, Boris left the job he resigned, he has now got a new job, be it good or bad but what has it got to do with some blooming committee in Westminster?
Why should he need their ok? Bloody cheek IMO.  :nooo:

BBC News - Boris Johnson breaks ministerial code with new Daily Mail job
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65930008

Michael Rolls

they are out to get him by whatever means they can drum up = envy?
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Sometimes I think that most of the inhabitants of Westminster never really left the school playground. They all need a swift boot up the backside on a regular basis.  :nooo:

klondike

I do hope that if he ever goes to church he doesn't fart or they'll be calling for a return of hanging.

He was daft denying the absolutely obvious to the commons. He paid the price for doing that and has quit parliament. Enough is enough. Stop the continuing character assassination and move on.

Let's face it a politician telling porkies is hardly a man bites dog story.

Raven

Errrr, I wasn't adding to his character assassination, I just wondered why he needed permission from some committee to take up another job.  [2010]

Alex

Just another silly rule, but perhaps it's something to do with the Official Secrets Act ? I don't know, Cass will probably know  :upvote:

dextrous63

Potential conflict of interest?

In any case, there's nothing that could be done to stop taking up the appointment, but they (the MPs) can express concern/derision.  

morty

Writing a column for a news rag sounds awfully respectable for a politician, even an ex-PM.
They're usually caught out accepting backhanders whilst sitting on comittees and getting bribed to raise issues in Parliament or vote a certain way.

Gee, listen at me .. you'd think I was an old cynic.

dextrous63

Well, certainly old 😂😂

klondike

Quote from: Raven on June 17, 2023, 09:45:45 PMErrrr, I wasn't adding to his character assassination, I just wondered why he needed permission from some committee to take up another job.  [2010]
My post may have appeared after yous but it wasn't a reply to it it was just a separate comment.

Ashy

The general idea is that  a minister might have some inside knowledge which should be kept inside. That said, Mr Johnson has not been a minister for some considerable time, since 6th September last year. In any case a ministerial code is not law.

Diasi

Quote from: Raven on June 17, 2023, 09:45:45 PMErrrr, I wasn't adding to his character assassination, I just wondered why he needed permission from some committee to take up another job.  [2010]
Well would you want all the inconvenient facts being published in a newspaper every week? Lol  :grin:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

It could be that like Cummings Boris knows where some of the skeletons were buried.

Raven

Quote from: Diasi on June 19, 2023, 09:21:03 AMWell would you want all the inconvenient facts being published in a newspaper every week? Lol  :grin:

Think they already are Phil.  :wink:

Diasi

Quote from: Raven on June 19, 2023, 11:37:04 AMThink they already are Phil.  :wink:
I imagine Sunak & his supporters will be having some squidgy bum time, waiting for the facts on his appointment to come out.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]