Some Good News To Start The Day.

Started by Diasi, June 09, 2023, 07:27:07 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

I really don't understand this. Is an 'E-bike' a motorcycle with an electric motor rather than IC? If so, what was a 15 year old doing riding it? You have to be 16 or over. No question of him being chased - the police vehicle was stopped by bollards p and how do you hit a stationary ambulnce in broad daylight unless you are totally uanbale to control the machine?
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on June 09, 2023, 07:41:40 AMI really don't understand this. Is an 'E-bike' a motorcycle with an electric motor rather than IC? If so, what was a 15 year old doing riding it? You have to be 16 or over. No question of him being chased - the police vehicle was stopped by bollards p and how do you hit a stationary ambulnce in broad daylight unless you are totally uanbale to control the machine?
Yes, show me a 15-yr-old on an E-bike & I'll show you a waste-of-space scrote who's better off dead than someone else being dead or maimed.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Pedal assisted e-bikes are legal. The one the other pair were riding was more of a electric motorcycle. They fall outside the regulation limits for e-bikes and are illegal to use on public roads.

Take a look at the fast food delivery boys in any town and you'll see they are just about all on electric motorcycles rather than legal e-bikes (obvious as there is no pedalling going on). Our police are too overstretched stopping Just Stop Oil protesters from being assaulted or pursuing incidents of misgendering on Twitter to bother with stuff like illegal e-bikes, e-scooters, illegal immigrants growing cannabis etc. etc.

Michael Rolls

that's why I was wondering just what the 'bike' actually was
[email protected]

klondike

Lots to choose from. Without any picture of the one involved it's impossible to say. Here's a selection of possibles. Some here could be legal but most won't be.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=off+road+electric+bike&crid=21H3U2P5N3IW8&sprefix=Off+%2Caps%2C143&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_2_4

Michael Rolls

yes - most of those are pedal/electric. We see some of those around here - a friend has one., great help to retired legs!
This shows electric 'motorbikes'
https://urbanebikes.com/collections/electric-motorbikes

one of them - I only looked at a couple - costs over £20k and has a top speed of 124mph! Another, much cheaper, caims a top speed of 28mph
[email protected]

Diasi

Any of them can do plenty of damage to a pedestrian.
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

klondike

Michael Rolls

from the state of the ambulance windscreen, it looked as thought the boy hit the front of the ambulance and was thoun off into the 'screen - how can one achieve that against a stationary object?
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Michael Rolls on June 09, 2023, 07:05:49 PMfrom the state of the ambulance windscreen, it looked as thought the boy hit the front of the ambulance and was thoun off into the 'screen - how can one achieve that against a stationary object?
I haven't the information to enable me to assign blame to one or the other, but I'd bet that the ambulance was where it was meant to be and the young kid wasn't.

It's all part of growing up.  It's just that it's easier today to kill yourself than in the past.  Still, if he got some excitement out of doing it, that's fine.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on June 09, 2023, 07:05:49 PMfrom the state of the ambulance windscreen, it looked as thought the boy hit the front of the ambulance and was thoun off into the 'screen - how can one achieve that against a stationary object
The ambulance was travelling, the waste-of-space scrote rode through some bollards, shot down the side street at high speed & straight out onto the main road, into the path of the oncoming ambulance.

I doubt it was an E-bike by the speed it went past the CCTV camera in the video clip, it looked over 30mph.
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

I thought the report said the ambulance was stationary?
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on June 10, 2023, 07:13:59 AMI thought the report said the ambulance was stationary?
ITV News reported it as 'into the path of an oncoming ambulance'.
[email protected]