Police failing to catch any burglars

Started by klondike, June 07, 2023, 10:08:03 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Police failed to solve a single burglary in half of England and Wales in last three years

The shocking figures will heap fresh pressure on police chiefs to catch more thieves.
Police failed to solve a single burglary in half of England and Wales in last three years
The shocking figures will heap fresh pressure on police chiefs to catch more thieves.

Police chiefs were warned they must arrest more burglars to avoid a catastrophic loss of confidence in officers. New figures revealed detectives have failed to solve a single burglary in nearly half of England and Wales for the past three years.Analysis of 30,100 neighbourhoods showed that police failed to solve a burglary in 48.2 percent of areas in the three years to March.

Experts warned there has been a "loss of focus on successfully resolving crime" amid a rise in mental health callouts and a loss of resources. Rick Muir, who led a strategic review of British policing, told the Daily Express policing "has shifted away from criminal justice outcomes and towards demand management".

Full story : https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1778065/Burglary-statistics-england-wales-police-latest

Maybe those Defund the Police demands were right. They seem to do SFA anyway.

Diasi

They'd turn up by the shed load if a householder or business owner did a 'Tony Martin' on the burglars.

What is disturbing is the fact that the burglars know how long they have before the police would turn up even if the householder / business owner was present when the burglary was taking place.

Therefore, the burglars can do & steal whatever they want to in that time frame.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Raven

Not in this house they wouldn't. They would either come face to face with Himself and a shotgun or me with a cricket bat.  :nooo:

Alex

What happens to those burgulars the police DO catch  ?  a slap on the wrist

Raven

Far better punishment to let their victims deal with them, might actually make them think again.

Sheila

There seem to be more feral youths around here than there used to be.  I was just reading on Facebook about two lads in balaclavas hitting a boy over the head and stealing his bike.  Locals are feeling that it would be good if we had some police on the streets who would do something about it.

Scrumpy

Stealing from stores is a lot easier now.. Many shops don't even bother to call the police.. One shop owner was talking about a thief who just strolled into her shop and took items off the clothes rail and strolled back out.. The police are not interested.. they do not have the manpower.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: Sheila on June 07, 2023, 12:22:52 PMThere seem to be more feral youths around here than there used to be.  I was just reading on Facebook about two lads in balaclavas hitting a boy over the head and stealing his bike.  Locals are feeling that it would be good if we had some police on the streets who would do something about it.
Or keep their noses out if a member of the public sorts it out.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

GrannyMac

I was having my nails done last week, the salon is in a precinct with a few other shops.   We suddenly saw a man carry a load of stuff, and hurriedly dodge up an alley nearby.  He'd nicked them from the.....£1 shop! The staff said its a regular occurrence. 

We get clothes stolen from the charity shop, even people going through the big bins on collection days.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Of course they haven't solved all those burglaries.
They have their priorities.

They're too busy bringing tea and biscuits to the protesters blocking traffic.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

Michael Rolls

Quote from: JBR on June 07, 2023, 05:04:20 PMOf course they haven't solved all those burglaries.
They have their priorities.

They're too busy bringing tea and biscuits to the protesters blocking traffic.
Just about my feelings as well
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Thieves don't need to hide their identity.. Nobody pursues them anyway..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ashy

The main reason why police do not solve any burglaries is that they don't investigate them unless the haul was very big. Most theft from private houses is considered an insurance risk and all you get is a crime number. Same with shoplifting.

Some time way back in the middle 1960s, somebody said "All these policemen walking about.... it's costing too much."

Around the same time somebody also said "All these county councils and town councils.... they're costing too much."

klondike

Quote from: Ashy on June 08, 2023, 08:51:19 AMSome time way back in the middle 1960s, somebody said "All these policemen walking about.... it's costing too much."

Around the same time somebody also said "All these county councils and town councils.... they're costing too much."
Now both groups sit on their fat arses doing nothing and still costing too much. Probably more as they get lots of high tech gear and constant diversity courses too.