The Autistic 'Free Pass' Card.

Started by Diasi, June 07, 2023, 07:45:23 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

It seems that the defence team's, for anyone who's committed a serious crime, first strategy is to play the Autistic card.

IMO, Autism is a load of bollocks dreamed up by loony psychiatrists to excuse bad & unacceptable behaviour.

In my day such behaviour was curbed by the threat of having the living daylights knocked out of you & it worked remarkably well.

I dread to think how I would have turned out if I'd been able to play the Autistic card.

We'll eventually end up with a society where no one can be held responsible for anything.

tinyurl.com/5xkf4tm3
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

The word does seem to be used by many .. as an excuse for bad behavior ..
Along with mental problems.. It would seem that every other person suffers with mental stress.. Anxiety is another excuse.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

We've become a country of pussies  :evil:

Raven

Sheila

Wirral Autistic Society is a huge employer on Wirral and I have come across many autistic people.  My heart used to sink when I worked in a bank and one lovely young man came in.  It took ages to serve him because he kept saying 'sorry, sorry, sorry....'
We go to Port Sunlight River Park and autistic people work there and serve in the cafe.  There is also a garden centre where autistic people work.
So having experience of genuinely autistic people, I am unable to agree with Diasi.

GrannyMac

I agree Sheila. I've had experience of a couple of people with autism. One young man was employed, on a trial, at the council.  He struggled with conversation, colleagues were very understanding, as he got used to people and his surroundings he would say good morning.  He was the best filing clark the dept had ever had.  Although his brain didn't work like most people's, his organisational skills were superb.   He was kept on.

Autism is a spectrum, a group of people with autism are likely to be as diverse as a group without the condition.   The lack of proper help for this and other mental health issues is worrying. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

I agree.. I too have met some great people who genuinely suffer with Autism.. Beautiful souls..
I just think the word Autism is used too freely .. especially with parents.. and it becomes a cop out..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 07, 2023, 02:09:10 PMI agree.. I too have met some great people who genuinely suffer with Autism.. Beautiful souls..
I just think the word Autism is used too freely .. especially with parents.. and it becomes a cop out..
And gets em a few hundred quid a month in extra benefits.

If Autistic people genuinely can't control what they do & can't recognise right from wrong then it's time to protect the rest of us by bringing back the lunatic asylums for them.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Both Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein are thought to have suffered from Asperger syndrome which is considered to be part of the autism spectrum. Both were clearly geniuses. Newton had some unpleasant character traits but I've not read of complaints about Einstein.

I don't think it is possible to lump people together based on a single factor of their makeup.