Irish MP shows his true colours

Started by klondike, May 10, 2023, 04:58:18 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Doubtless many of ours think the same way but so far the only one caught out was Gordon Brown with his bigoted women comment caught when he wasn't aware of the live mic.

WATCH: MP Tells Voter to 'F*ck Off' Over Question on Immigration

Video has emerged of an Irish MP telling a voter to "f*ck off" after they asked him a question on immigration.

Aengus Ó Snodaigh TD, a serving member of the Irish parliament, has been filmed telling a voter to "fuck off" after they quizzed him on the issue of immigration.

Ó Snodaigh is a member of the left-wing Sinn Féin, a party that — while supporting a variety of far-left causes such as transgenderism and mass migration — receives a sizable amount of its support from right-leaning voters for historic reasons.

One of these reasons is the party's links to the provisional IRA, a terrorist group active from the late 60s to the turn of the 21st century which aimed to undermine British control of Northern Ireland. The contested six-county region remains part of the United Kingdom to this day, while the southern part of the island is an independent nation-state.

Full story : https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/05/10/watch-mp-tells-voter-to-fck-off-over-question-on-immigration/

Alex

40 years later and they're still going on about Bobby Sands ?  Unbloodybelievable.

klondike

Recent history. The Battle of the Boyne which has the Orangemen marching every year took place over 400 years ago.

Jacqueline

Why do Irish nationalists who wanted independence from us and Ireland for the Irish, now want the dross of the world to come to Ireland? It will not be Ireland at all by the time they have finished just a hotch potch of all sorts from all over the world, when it gets to that state who gives a damn which political party rules?  

And one more thought I wonder if Bobby Sands wanted foreign Irishmen? I don't think that is what he starved himself to death for.  Is it ever worth the ultimate sacrifice for your cause when them who come after bugger it all up anyway like those who gave their lives in two world wars, for transgenderism? mass immigration? I don't think so.

Michael Rolls

I'm sure that he didn't. Much as I abhor the way the IRA carried on their 'war' - cowardly doesn't even begin to describe it - the misguided passion of that young man was for 'Ireland for the Irish', not for some polyglot human rubbish
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

I can't help thinking the Irish hated the Brits so much and wanted them out, but now their country is being taken over by thousands of African and Arab men, which is worse ? and why is the IRA/Real IRA silent ?

JBR

The impression I get is that the Irish, collectively if not individually, hate the British and will never accept any sort of union.
For that reason, I think that it is in our interest to leave Northern Ireland to unite with Eire, especially if (as I think may be becoming true) the majority of people in that province want to join Eire.

I may be wrong, but I get the impression that however their country is run, the Irish are probably always going to be unhappy and argumentative among themselves, even discounting religious differences.
If a united Ireland should ever come about, I get the impression that there will always be 'troubles' on that island.

A fair solution, for those who don't want to hand their province over to Eire, might be to offer them citizenship in a reformed 'Great Britain' comprising only the island(s) of that geographical name.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Quote from: JBR on May 11, 2023, 02:02:08 PMA fair solution, for those who don't want to hand their province over to Eire, might be to offer them citizenship in a reformed 'Great Britain' comprising only the island(s) of that geographical name.
The Northern Irish are already British. Whether they want to be or not.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on May 11, 2023, 03:48:32 PMThe Northern Irish are already British. Whether they want to be or not.
I know they are.
I suspect that half of them are happy to remain British, and the other half want to be part of Eire.
If they're happy to continue to live together in a relatively dangerous place, my suggestion might suit some of them better.
However, even if NI became part of Eire, I'd be surprised if there wouldn't always be trouble on that island.

Alex

I didn't know some Northern Irish citizens wanted to become part of Eire, I always thought the people of NI could give mainland Brits a few lessons in patriotism.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on May 11, 2023, 06:42:44 PMI didn't know some Northern Irish citizens wanted to become part of Eire, I always thought the people of NI could give mainland Brits a few lessons in patriotism.
I may be wrong, but I think that as the number of Roman Catholics in NI increases proportionately (and many of them supported the IRA) it could happen that the majority would vote to join Eire.
We are a democracy, and if that should happen I imagine that off they would go.

Of course, there are swings and roundabouts.  Many of us would like to keep things as they are.  Others would like to be free of the problems we have faced there.  The latter, I suspect, might include some of our retired servicemen who were accused of and prosecuted for 'following orders' there.

Jacqueline

Quote from: Alex on May 11, 2023, 12:59:41 PMI can't help thinking the Irish hated the Brits so much and wanted them out, but now their country is being taken over by thousands of African and Arab men, which is worse ? and why is the IRA/Real IRA silent ?
That's the big question Alex, why indeed.  Apparently there are so many hotels being used to house their invaders that the Irish tourism industry is suffering, thousands of lost jobs and hotel places.  Ireland will be taken over just like we will, well they had their half indian prime minister before us.

Michael Rolls

It has long been agreed policy that is a majority of NI citizens wish for a united Ireland, then that is what will happen. As JBR points out, the Catholic birth rate in the province exceeds that of non-Catholics (unless Muslims start another take-over!) it seems that it will eventually happen. In the 2021 census 45.7% of the population recorded themselves as Catholic, 43.5% as Protestant or other Christian.
For my part, I have always believed that the 1922 partition was a mistke. It came about for the best of reasons - to prevent a civil war - but instead we have had 100 years of strife of varying intensity.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]