Started by Cassandra, April 11, 2023, 10:01:18 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Jacqueline

Such wonderful photos.  Do be careful with your little dog, I would imagine an eagle would have to be desperate to go near you both, but we had a ferret  once and when he was in the garden the crows would swarm overhead, they would have chanced their luck without us there too.  What a perfect life you are living, so nice that you are sharing it with your old friend.

Cassandra

Quote from: Jacqueline on April 13, 2023, 10:47:31 AMSuch wonderful photos.  Do be careful with your little dog, I would imagine an eagle would have to be desperate to go near you both, but we had a ferret  once and when he was in the garden the crows would swarm overhead, they would have chanced their luck without us there too.  What a perfect life you are living, so nice that you are sharing it with your old friend.

I have an armoured wire meshed covered exercise area for them outside connected by a similarly constructed tunnel from the house with a sonic warning if anything breaks the beams. Also when we go out for walks they are all on steel cored leads (very light) connected to teflon mesh vests (no collars). I also always carry a small revolver to ward off any would be predators. The locals advise me that my presence with the horse (s) is enough to ensure Eagles and indeed anything else around here will give us a wild birth. That said most of them are always armed when out alone in the woods. My greatest fear with my 3 little dogs is that they disturb a snake. The only poisonous ones are the Eastern Rattler, a swamp snake, small and feared of humans they hunt Mice on the lakes edge. I've never seen any and always stick to the Wood which joins my neighbours portions on both sides. We welcome each other's use and together we have an area of about 65 square acres to jointly enjoy. The Eagles also don't hunt in woodland, the smaller Hawks do but they can't address attacks to anything larger than squirrels. Black bears are not prevalent in our area at all.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

morty

Goodness it sounds like another world to what I'm used to ... very interesting and where you could spend hours just watching nature.
You're furry little critter friend is adorable. He has such a cheeky face!

Cassandra

Quote from: morty on April 14, 2023, 07:48:27 PMGoodness it sounds like another world to what I'm used to ... very interesting and where you could spend hours just watching nature.
You're furry little critter friend is adorable. He has such a cheeky face!

Thanks Morty, I have two others. Holly is a tiny 'Biewer Terrier' She's about 7lbs and is very happy to just journey around with me everywhere in her little bag. Can't be away from me anywhere. She was a rescue from a local Dog Charity in the UK, after her owner had died. The latest addition is Doris, she was a rescue too in America. I agreed to home her 'temporarily' until a new owner cold be introduced. She used to hide here under the floorboards at first, scared of leaving us when the lady from the rescue centre called in every week to give updates. In truth there was never a question of her leaving from the day she arrived! Albert (the West Highland Terrier) was very kind in settling her down, she is now such a joyous little creature knowing she's got a happy home. Her circumstanced were very sad, she was deeply loved by two children in a home suffering from a divorce and was badly beaten by their beastly father, cracking one of her tiny little front legs! They all boss me about shamelessly and call to each other when we play hide and seek!

What a life, then there's three horses, a visiting Barn Owl who joins us for breakfast and next week I've got next doors Cockatoo 'Mr President' for the week.

He repeats some very ripe referrals to Biden too, I can tell you!

[aged attachment deleted by system]

Scrumpy

Albert , Holly and Doris..
Sounds like a stage act.. Wonderful characters..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Cassandra

When I first started working in Lincoln Inn Fields, there was an old fashioned Edwardian Music Hall underneath the arches by Charing Cross. Very risqué and much like 'The Good Old Days TV show'. Even then in need of restoration I recall, which rather added to the atmosphere.

Great value and populated by some extremely serious 35 + year old ladies I remember, who were very pleasing to a young man's eye. I'd stay until closing time and tumble onto the late, late train to Battle in East Sussex - the family seat then.

There was one 'lady' called Doris I recall who played the 'Uke' (on stage), was American and whom I took home to shock my mother with on a typically boring Xmas one year I remember :wink:

She was a big hit with all the gentlemen of the bar and my Yankie uncles etc throughout the break, getting their undivided attention via the minimal covering of her stunningly voluptuous figure!

Alex

I bet you gave your Mum a few shocks  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:
The photos are lovely Cass, you have a smashing little family there.  :upvote: