Pension Rise.

Started by Raven, April 05, 2023, 03:51:56 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

I thought we were getting a pension rise in April? Just checked my bank app to see how it feels to be rich, and no pension rise. Got exactly the same as I have all last year. :boo:  :cry:

Michael Rolls

surely the pension is paid in arrears, isn't it-next payment should see the increase. I got the letter telling me of the change, but a bit puzzled. If they are quoting the net payment it is rather more than 10%, if the gross it is a reduction!
Puzzled Blue Eyes
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Will check my letter when I get up, am sure it just said April and not a date, most annoying. But I thought it's April so we should be due it.

Michael Rolls

I get mine on a Friday, next due 14/4/23, so I imagine that it will be two weeks at the old rate, 2 weeks at the new - we shall see!
[email protected]

Raven

When I set mine up I was asked how I wanted it paid, weekly, fortnightly, or monthly. As I had always been paid weekly I opted to stay that way.
My pay day is a Thursday but it's always hit my account on a, Wednesday for some reason.  :shh:  :smiley:

Michael Rolls

mine is four weekly, so 13 payments on a year (bonus is that one month each year gets two payments!). With you paid weekly and Wednesday being the fifth, I would have thought that it would have been two days at the old rate, five at the new, unless they are paying in arrears so that today's payment reflects the week to last Wednesday, the 29th of March?
[email protected]

GrannyMac

We get ours four weekly too Mike, and this is OH's two payment month. :yahoo:   He got his pension on Monday, no change. His next is due on 31st so that should include part of the increase. Mine is due Friday.  I expect to see the full increase in May on both of ours.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

No increase on mine as yet.. I get my state pension paid weekly.. TUESDAY..
Just looked at my letter ..
From April 11 .. The amount of benefit you receive will change..
So, my increase is next Tuesday..
The increase was stated too..
I won't mention it .. should some toy boy get in touch hoping to get at it..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

I get mine weekly too, on a Monday.  At the time I thought my monthly works pension would be there for all the bills and so I opted for weekly state pension for food and petrol etc... no increase yet.

1955vintage

March is the month I get two payments, 2nd and 30th, so I will expect my rise to be at the end of April.

:yay: :yay: :yay:
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

klondike

As was said it's paid in arrears. Not certain of start date but stuff on google says 6th April when it says anything other than "from April". Mine is paid 4 weekly and my next payment arrives 17 April It will have one week at the new rate or they may even work it to the day but I doubt it will be the full 10.1% on all of it

Cassandra

Quote from: Michael Rolls on April 05, 2023, 06:31:03 AMmine is four weekly, so 13 payments on a year (bonus is that one month each year gets two payments!). With you paid weekly and Wednesday being the fifth, I would have thought that it would have been two days at the old rate, five at the new, unless they are paying in arrears so that today's payment reflects the week to last Wednesday, the 29th of March?

Mike because you were born before April the 6th 1951 you are on the 'Old Pension'. This is a Govt scam, where they don't upgrade the first £46.12 of your weekly pension by the 10.10%, that those born after the above date do. Your nett upgrade against the total is therefore around 7%. Thats because being older things cost less! Another nasty little secret stealth tax that I bet you didn't know?

When you take into account the real world facts that the Personal Tax allowance wasn't increased either this year, your real position is minus 4%, except that real inflation is 17% in which case your actually minus 10%!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

twas ever thus! :cry:  :cry: I had heard of the 'old' and 'new' pensions, but never understood them. Thanks for the enlightenment.
[email protected]

Raven

Makes me bloody sick. Come back Guy Fawkes and blow those scamming swine's and Westminster sky high. :yell:

Michael Rolls

I'll lend him the matches
[email protected]