It’s beginning to..

Started by Scrumpy, November 18, 2022, 05:34:07 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

.. look a lot like Christmas..
Shortage on Turkeys..!!!  We seem to hear this news around this time of the year.. So people rush to order theirs.. just in case ..  Could it be a ploy to get more sales !!...
 Now they are saying that eggs will be in short supply.. 
They couldn't even waited until Easter to use this one.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

We stopped having turkey years ago. It's a rolled joint of beef for us.

Scrumpy

We like turkey.. hot or cold.. 
It just seems to be a traditional Christmas meal in our family..
I am doing my Christmas meal at the end of this month..
It is earlier than usual.. It proved a bit difficult this year finding a date that was convenient to all..
My favourite time of the year..

klondike

The problem is caused by bird flu. They all have to be securely housed indoors. Millions have died or maybe just been killed.

https://lordslibrary.parliament.uk/bird-flu-2022-dealing-with-the-uks-largest-ever-outbreak/

Ashy

The problem is the price being offered by supermarkets for eggs does not cover the cost of production, so farmers are cutting back. Most of this year's Christmas birds are already frozen. Hard to predict for next year.

Jacqueline

I don't eat meat so can do without Turkey, not too fussed about eggs either, now I do hope there will not be a national shortage of chocolate or mince pies then I won't be happy.

Alex

It'll probably be beef again and a frozen turkey breast for Boxing Day cold spread.  It's a bit awkward with one who only eats chicken or turkey, no red meat ! tbh I haven't thought about Christmas yet, apart from toys for my grandson.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Alex on November 18, 2022, 11:00:22 PMIt'll probably be beef again and a frozen turkey breast for Boxing Day cold spread.  
A frozen turkey breast.. for the cold spread..!!
  I've never tried that.. 

Alex

You should give it a whirl  :upvote: but don't try and stuff it... :yay:

Scrumpy

1955vintage

Bought our beef joint last week in anticipation of Xmas shortage.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Scrumpy

I have a gammon joint in the freezer.. Tesco delivery on Thursday..
 Hope I get my eggs.. I had the LAST box in the Co-op yesterday.. Tracey said the delivery was put on the shelves and gone within the hour..
 Managed to get some nice Christmas serviettes at Morrisons.. We had a coffee and bacon roll .. and the serviettes were very pretty.. between us we managed to get 4.. We will go back in the week and get a couple more.. with a bacon roll.. Sorted.. :grin: :grin:  

klondike

I got a dozen eggs in Lidl on Friday but they have been having some lines out of stock for weeks. For instance I like their chocolate digestives but they have had no own brand for several weeks now, They do have McVite ones at about twice the price but so far I've not bought any of those. I tend to keep a stock of regular items as you can't rely on stuff always being stocked.

Raven

I keep a stock of things as well. That's why I go over to Wick one a month to stock up. Our Tesco is very small and don't have room to keep a lot of the things we like.

Alex

Anyone use Wilko  ? I think it's a good shop with plenty of bargains but this morning it looks like the company in trouble, do hope they resolve things.  I got cracking roller blinds from Wilko for my bathroom :grin:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/wilko-shops-around-for-30m-lifeline-57r2lj3qh