Nationalism

Started by Alex, October 09, 2022, 10:56:02 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

Nicked from another place, but made me wonder why......
Why is it ok to be a Welsh nationalist, a Scottish nationalist or an Irish nationalist? yet unacceptable to be an English nationalist ?

Ashy

Or a British Nationalist?

All part of a big plan.

Raven

It's certainly not unacceptable to me. You should be proud of your country, and not afraid to show it.  :scot:  :scot:  :scot:  :scot:  :scot:

Michael Rolls

Quite right - but I can't find a flag of St. George that will paste in -  :boo:  :boo:
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Jacqueline

I am a British nationalist and proud of it.

klondike

Quote from: Michael Rolls on October 09, 2022, 01:10:43 PMQuite right - but I can't find a flag of St. George that will paste i
There is one in the emojis. You need to tap the More button which will show (surprise surprise) more

:gb: :engl: :scot: :taff:  :moon:  :grin:


Something for voters to ponder. ..
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Ashy

#6
They're rather sweet.

October 09, 2022, 03:31:13 PM
[1150] :engl: :duel: 

Michael Rolls

Quote from: klondike on October 09, 2022, 02:49:07 PMThere is one in the emojis. You need to tap the More button which will show (surprise surprise) more

:gb: :engl: :scot: :taff:  :moon:  :grin:


Thanks, so  :engl:  :engl:  :engl:
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

#8
When you're the huge majority, as England certainly is, then you mainly get your own way, very different to Scotland or Wales.

As my family is an amalgam, I'm happy with any of these  :scot:  :gb:  :engl:

Unless Scotland is playing England, then its :scot:  And Mike, as you loved living in Scotland, why so partisan?
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

morty

Quote from: Alex on October 09, 2022, 10:56:02 AMNicked from another place, but made me wonder why......
Why is it ok to be a Welsh nationalist, a Scottish nationalist or an Irish nationalist? yet unacceptable to be an English nationalist ?

You're right ... I shall be pondering it now. 
I'm English by the way. :engl:

Michael Rolls

Quote from: GrannyMac on October 09, 2022, 05:22:05 PMWhen you're the huge majority, as England certainly is, then you mainly get your own way, very different to Scotland or Wales.

As my family is an amalgam, I'm happy with any of these  :scot:  :gb:  :engl:

Unless Scotland is playing England, then its :scot:  And Mike, as you loved living in Scotland, why so partisan?
Because I am English (with a leavening of Irish and Maltese) so naturally I am not allowed to be partisan
Mike :grin:  :grin:  :grin:
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: GrannyMac on October 09, 2022, 05:22:05 PMWhen you're the huge majority, as England certainly is, then you mainly get your own way, very different to Scotland or Wales.
The main difference politically is that of all the home nations only England doesn't have its own parliament. 

Something for voters to ponder. ..
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

morty

  :check:  It's time like this I wish there were a like button

Ashy

Quote from: klondike on October 09, 2022, 06:10:26 PMThe main difference politically is that of all the home nations only England doesn't have its own parliament.
Wouldn't another parliament mean more parasites and higher taxes?

klondike

Yep...

Far better to maybe just have a Great Britain parliament if we have to have one at all which I fear we probably do. They could put it in Manchester or maybe Middlesborough - somewhere nice and central.

Something for voters to ponder. ..
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.