Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

It had the MOT a while back I'd normally get them done together but I took a service plan when I bought the car and the MOT doesn't coincide with that.

The courtesy car which cost me £15 and not included as the damned salesman lead me to believe is a manual keyless one. It took me a while to figure how to start it. Until I saw the words Depress clutch to start. Bloody safety features.

Plus I haven't driven much the last year or so and not a manual. I put it in drive but it does seem to scream a lot. I must have forgotten something.

What I can't see are the heater controls. Like the Bahamas by the time I got home.

Michael Rolls

The previous Mondeo, like this one, was a keyless start (provided the key was in the car, of course). Had a test drive in a hybrid when thinking of changing. Pressed the start button - and nothing happened. No revcounter so no indication of activity. Press the button again - and the driver's seat moved forward. Totally bemused, pressed it again and the seat moved back. The salesman was nearby, so waved him over. He pointed to the message in the display which said 'ready to drive'. 'It means it,' he said 'you're on electric power - just put it in gear.'
So I did, and we moved off in deafening silence!
Mike  :1040:
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

I looked up the heater. Touch screen or voice control. There was me looking for levers and things. I'm stuck in the 20th century...

-Oy-

A sombre day. Two freelence photo jobs. Holocaust Memorial Day services in two different towns. One at 11am the other 2pm.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

Michael Rolls

Sombre indeed. Never forget seeing old newsreels of the liberation of Belsen (some years after the event - I was only seven at the time)
Mike
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Waiting for food delivery.. My ( delayed) Christmas 'do' is on Sunday..
I don't think I will bother with crackers..
Not so cold here today..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

hugh

With playing golf and exercising Roxy my day was pretty much filled. Great life if you don't weaken. :grin: :grin:Hugh
Happy Golfer

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

klondike

Off fishing soon. Probably in a gale so it may be cut short. Dead baiting for pike (I bought a new rod) and ledgering worm. Hopefully not for eels. On the plus side neither rig is likely to attract bleak. On the minus side they may attract Call. Possibly four of them.

Michael Rolls

Not a lot. It is very windy - according to the local forecast Force 8-9, Gale-Strong Gale, 45-50 mph - and looking at the way the trees are trying to touch their toes, I can well believe it.
Last time we had strong winds a few months back - and they weren't this strong - a lot of branches and quite a few trees came down, so all I am doing today is visiting Veronica's grave - half a mile down the lane and no trees in 'falling on the road' proximity to the lane - and then stay indoors, hoping that the gale doesn't bring down our power lines - it has been known all too often
Mike
[email protected]

hugh

Good day everyone. Not much planned for today so getting some house hold duties done. Washing machine now at work. Tried our golf clubs main course yesterday, just about killed me off, will be using a buggy on that course in the future. The par 3 course which is 2 mile course distance in far better condition which I will stick with until the spring. Far to cold using a buggy in winter months.
Happy Golfer

Scrumpy

Alex

Morning all, the weather forecast said ' breezy' but it sounds a bit more than breezy outside.   Only shopping today, boring food shops.....

Scrumpy

Just had a break !.. Now need to get a face pac.. Hope it works.. It says on the packet that all my wrinkles will be gone in 15 mins..

Michael Rolls

Gale is beginning to moderate a bit - but at 1100 it was accompanied by lashing rain - much nicer inside looking out than t'other way
Mike
[email protected]