WATER

Started by hugh, August 13, 2022, 07:58:31 PM

« previous - next »

hugh

Hose pipe bans already in place in many areas this could be a voided if everyone like myself was on a water meter. I still use the hose pipe but check if the plants really need watering first. Lawns I would certainly not waste water and money on it. They nay turn yellow but rain will turn it green again, dry hot conditions will not kill it. 
Happy Golfer

Michael Rolls

and still the water companies waste billions of litres daily and expect their customers to do their job for them
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

I certainly would not have a water meter.. 
I am not extravagant in it's use.. It is the water companies themselves that waste water..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Sheila

Your bills would probably be lower if you had a water meter Scrumpy.

Ashy

Perhaps some one could explain, this water has come through several miles of pipes from a pumping station, what difference a few foot of hose makes on the end of it?

Jacqueline

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 14, 2022, 09:53:47 AMI certainly would not have a water meter..
I am not extravagant in it's use.. It is the water companies themselves that waste water..
Good for you Scrumpy, I don't have a water meter either, I probably pay more than if I did.  One thing they don't have control on knowing how much water I use.

Alex

If you live alone it's supposed to be cheaper.  I can't remember how much I pay, but it's twenty something a month with my meter.