Bet you've never seen this !

Started by Flying Bomb, January 03, 2022, 09:29:42 AM

« previous - next »

Flying Bomb

For fans of Hitchcock here is the orchestral version
of the opening title of, 'North by Northwest'.
Note the female brass players.

This orchestra has to work hard in parts
on Bernard Herman's classic title music.

Michael Rolls

I was fascinated to see that a male bassoonist was wearing at least one ear plug! Could only see one ear
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

There's nothing like a live orchestra. I'll probably never go to see one again.  :cry:

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

crabbyob

Flying Bomb

Quote from: crabbyob on January 03, 2022, 11:37:23 AM
mmmmm, not quite Motzart

Each to his own.
Hermann never wrote chamber music and
Mozart never wrote music for films.  :grin:

But each were top in their own fields.

klondike

I bet some of Mozart's music got used in some films though. A lot of classical music gets tampered with and even released as contemporary music.  Here's one example.  It's Stranger in Paradise originally a much faster piece by Borodin

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stranger_in_Paradise_(song)&ved=2ahUKEwjc7qrU25X1AhUHilwKHbdsBMsQFnoECAcQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3WRXxsVhF7HoVXJcuNIZp1

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

zoony

From Kismet by way of his Polovtsian Dances.. :grin: Nice thing about doing the show is one already knows the music, as do the audience..
Mozart is all over the place in films but not only films. The original few notes of the original mobile fone ring tone were Mozart and Copyrighted.  Made the composer's estate lotsa dosh..

zoony

Really not enjoying using the 'italics' on this. Bloody confusing.

zoony

Quote from: Michael Rolls on January 03, 2022, 09:50:53 AM
I was fascinated to see that a male bassoonist was wearing at least one ear plug! Could only see one ear
Mike

Mike.. Given that they were being recorded for the sound-track, I assume certain solo instruments were cued audibly using the ear-pieces as an extra aid..?

klondike

Quote from: zoony on January 03, 2022, 04:40:36 PM
Really not enjoying using the 'italics' on this. Bloody confusing.
You sur[size=78%]ely know the alt[/size][size=78%]ernative...[/size]

Plus the WYSI[size=78%]WIG editor is but a mere clic[/size][size=78%]k away  or can be selected as default in your pr[/size][size=78%]ofile.[/size]

Michael Rolls

Quote from: zoony on January 03, 2022, 04:59:22 PM
Mike.. Given that they were being recorded for the sound-track, I assume certain solo instruments were cued audibly using the ear-pieces as an extra aid..?
Hadn't thought of that - I'm not very high tech
Mike
[email protected]