Time for Some Celtic Thunder.

Started by Raven, January 02, 2022, 08:42:17 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

Just love this band and their music. It's a great time up here when the Celtic Festivals are on.  :yay:

Alex

Very foot tapping 'ey :grin:
Not my kind of music, but just read about the lead singer who had a heart attack and died at only 46.  How sad is that, he came from east end of Glasgow.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Quote from: Alex on January 02, 2022, 11:24:35 PM
Very foot tapping 'ey :grin:
Not my kind of music, but just read about the lead singer who had a heart attack and died at only 46.  How sad is that, he came from east end of Glasgow.

Yes that was George Donaldson, such a shock when that happened.  :wow: That song is one of their fun ones, they usually end their concerts with it. They sing a lot more serious stuff like "Heartland" one of my favourites.
They are very much a Showtime Band and put on a hell of a concert.

crabbyob

Dont you have any Scottish bands up there? these appear to be an Irish band [nae sporrans]

Wandering Walter

McGinty is Northern Irish , last Scottish band that we saw live about 30 years ago in Hammersmith was Runrig great night out

crabbyob

Raven

Runrig are another great band, they sing a lot in the Gaelic, come from Portree on the Isle of Skye. Been to a few of their concerts and the best was a one nighter, at Edinburgh Castle. My favourite song from them is about the people who lived on St Kilda, it's called "The Edge of the World" hearing it live and echoing around the Castle Esplanade fair got the blood racing. We were tired out by the end of the concert. You won't find me in this video, the camera moves too fast over the audience, but my pals and I were pretty near the front.
Mr Dour on the keyboards Pete Wishart (1986 – 2001) is now the SNP guy for Perth North, you will have seen him in Westminster waxing lyrical.  :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Raven

Quote from: crabbyob on January 03, 2022, 11:33:26 AM
Dont you have any Scottish bands up there? these appear to be an Irish band [nae sporrans]

Yes lots, but when the Celtic Festivals are on then the bands come from all over to play. That's how I came across Celtic Thunder. Another two guys that are great live are the twins Craig and Charlie Reid, "The Proclaimers" when they sing "500 Miles" the place just erupts.

crabbyob

aye...lol... the proclaimers... i do enjoy 5oo miles

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖