Something odd

Started by klondike, December 31, 2021, 04:29:45 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

As I mentioned in another post I use an app called Google opinion rewards which asks a question or two probably so they can better target ads at you but as my PiHole blocks them all anyway I don't care.

Anyway typlcal questions might be "are you a student" or "do you rent buy or own your home" for which you usually get about 6p. Yesterday I got a raft of 10 question ones all asking a repetitive series of questions about products or services I had never heard of which paid iirc between 47p and 60p. A lot of the things seemed to have Chinese sounding names. Are they preparing to spend a lot of money setting businesses up here? No idea. Here are some of the questions from different surveys.

Something for voters to ponder. ..
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

Out of curiousity I Googled  :grin:
CHINESE firms bought nearly £6billion of cut-price British businesses in the pandemic.  They now own £130billion in assets — from power stations to pubs, to schools.  The total number of Chinese-owned companies rose to 15,000 in 2021, from 13,000 last year. 

Chinese businesses in the UK with annual revenue of at least £5million rose to 838 in 2020, up from 795 the year before.  China is everywhere.

Takeovers include a £4.2billion deal for waste resources firm ­Viridor by China Resources Group

Michael Rolls

And I thought that mandarins were a sort of orange
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

I have a good friend who has a house in Nepal, he's only allowed to live there for so long, then has to return to UK for 3 months or so, then goes back over.  Anyway, he was telling me the Chinese are taking over there.  They're neighbours I know but it seems the attitude of the Chinese towards Nepalese has changed over the last few years. If anyone's interested here's an interesting link.

https://www.aninews.in/news/world/asia/the-chinese-in-nepal20210528215332/

Raven

So it will come down to a takeover between the Chinese and the Asians. I won't say let the best one win, as I really don't want any of them here, taking over this Country and doing away with our way of life. [1090]

Scrumpy

Well I would rather eat a Chinese..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Something for voters to ponder. ..
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.