crabbyob

Raven

1940 =   [2090]

2019 =  [2030]

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

-Oy-

None of my business either way. Wear what makes you happy.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

Alex

The 1940s fella looks old fashioned now, but still smart. As  for Perry on the right, or is it Kevin ? well he looks like he needs help.

klondike

The 1940s picture must be of a black marketeer. Most young men in 1940 looked more like this and they certainly needed all the help they could get...

crabbyob

oh dear, please read the stickie on how to post a photo.. [2010]
i expect it one of a squaddie an i agree with you..
my old man wore a trilby and raincoat, and looked more like an insurance guy,,

klondike

What's up with the pic? It looks fine on my kit.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

crabbyob

i am just getting a blank square

Alex

Dunno what the soldier is doing there as the question was about fashion 1940s versus 2019 :cool: :cool:  picture is ok for me too, maybe it's your Indian connection crabbyob ?

Jacqueline

I would rather go out with 1940's man than 2019 slob.

What I can't stand is great big fat people who couldn't play sport if they tried, wearing trainers and sports gear, fat stomachs hanging over the top of jogging trousers and women in thin overstretched leggings showing all their fat bottoms and worse.  I am not thin but try to make the best of myself, this lot don't care.

I do think slobby dress is a symptom of the times, how the country has gone to the dogs and people have no hope.

crabbyob

we will always have hope Jaq, and will have, until the labour party turn the palace of Westminster into 'Mecca'

klondike

Quote from: Alex on April 23, 2022, 09:56:12 AM
Dunno what the soldier is doing there as the question was about fashion 1940s versus 2019 :
I suspect that the site blocks the hotlink for some. I've put it on a hosting site now.

In 1940 clothes were on ration and only spivs would look like that. Most young blokes would be sporting the "fashion" I suggested.

Alex

Quote from: klondike on April 23, 2022, 12:02:24 PM
I suspect that the site blocks the hotlink for some. I've put it on a hosting site now.

In 1940 clothes were on ration and only spivs would look like that. Most young blokes would be sporting the "fashion" I suggested.

I wasn't born chuck  :grin: :grin: :grin: