A Ripping Yarn.

Started by Vlad, Yesterday at 04:06:57 PM

« previous - next »

dextrous63

Indeed.  While we're on the subject of mis-first-impressions (if that's the correct way of putting it, I am I'll after all), I sometimes have the similar experience as my tutorials are often online and I only occasionally actually meet face to face on rare occasions.  Strange how one can paint a picture via a voice, only to notice the stark difference in reality.  No doubt they feel the same about me, I hasten to add.

PS - am sure Vlad won't mind the thread derailment.  I am supposed to have a short attention span after all.

Alex

Cross me off for the Wing Commander position, I don't fulfil the requirements apart from the limp, plus I don't like heights. 

The second barmaid I could do, I have ample assets :busted:

Vlad

Update....

1 A hero.... would suit a rugged handsome tallyho! type 
( moustache is not obligatory ) .......Position filled, because of the hair....Klondike

2. Air traffic controller. ... would suit someone with a short attention span...position filled..Dex

3. An engineer.. anyone who knows about spanners and has a cockney accent.... think Dick Van Dyke

4. A German Pilot ' boo hiss', would suit someone with a bad German accent, monocle and a scar.

5. A wing commander, ideally someone old with a limp,  a big moustache and a dog ....Position filled, coz she has a dog

6. A couple of Commonweath / Johnny Foreigners  pilots, for the drinking and crash and burn  scenes,

7. A few more bods for walk on parts and to fill in the crowd scenes in the pub  + a supporting casts of thousands and a few chariots drivers ....Granny Mac..chariot driver #1.....

8. A barmaid or two would suit a busty forum wench..one position filled Scrumpy...

9. A landlord ......position filled..... by Vlad highly qualified in the role, his half litre snatch is a joy to behold.

Today at 10:53:23 AM
Quote from: Alex on Today at 10:28:08 AMCross me off for the Wing Commander position, I don't fulfil the requirements apart from the limp, plus I don't like heights. 

The second barmaid I could do, I have ample assets :busted:
Too late ..no heights involved...but you have a lot of lines..possible Oscar award nomination...Tge script is in the post.

Today at 10:55:34 AM
Quote from: dextrous63 on Today at 10:17:18 AMIndeed.  While we're on the subject of mis-first-impressions (if that's the correct way of putting it, I am I'll after all), I sometimes have the similar experience as my tutorials are often online and I only occasionally actually meet face to face on rare occasions.  Strange how one can paint a picture via a voice, only to notice the stark difference in reality.  No doubt they feel the same about me, I hasten to add.

PS - am sure Vlad won't mind the thread derailment.  I am supposed to have a short attention span after all.
Not a problem cherub...
I will write the yarn using all your names, feel free to add to the tale, comment, or critique as we go along...ps I am not received any cheques from youse actors yet.
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

Scrumpy

We want to see how I perform before paying anything..
I might be crap at it..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Vlad

Quote from: Scrumpy on Today at 11:34:32 AMWe want to see how I perform before paying anything..
I might be crap at it..
We can live with that..btw you might need to look at buying a new frock for the Awards Ceremony ok? 
Best Supporting Actor sound good?
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

GrannyMac

Diasi/Phil for engineer. Don't think he has a cockney accent, but he knows how to fix things and he likely has a toolbox full of spanners and wrenches and other tools. ⚒️ 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖