Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

I hadn't realised the government had done that. How?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

crabbyob

do you mean why, the govt only knows one way to do this...

Michael Rolls

Well, food is zero VAT. isn't cooking  oil food?
Mike
[email protected]

crabbyob

i think others on this forum must have noticed when cooking opil doubled in price...
has food always been zero?

Michael Rolls

As far as I can remember, but every budget day dear old Gerald Nabarro would bombast the Treasurer with oddities he had found about what was, and was not, seen by the Treasury as food,  as opposed to luxury items
Mike
[email protected]

klondike

I think cooking oils went up when they started using vegetable oils in diesel. It certainly used to be cheaper than diesel but after the price increased there was not much in it until now. Mike is correct about the VAT though or at least I think he is.

zoony

Bio-fuels have a lot to contribute imo, but a lot of powerful people are still heavily invested in fossil fuels so we've not seen the end of prices rocketing and remaining high. I'm sure 'they'll' want to squeeze every last drop of profit out of it before that cash-cow is pushing up daisies instead of munching on them.

klondike

I've seen complaints that bio fuels are leading to deforestation. They cut down the jungle to plant cash crops producing the oils.

Plus plenty of complaints about the E10 biofuels (added ethanol to petrol) which is less fuel efficient and can bugger up seals in some engines.

Raven

Morning, Well the rains stopped thank goodness but still got the blooming cold wind. :angry: Can't stop in today so just have to bite the bullet. :rolleyes: Had my swim and headed to the beach shortly with The Hairy One, got an appointment with the nurse for my BP check and an appointment with my Chiropractor this afternoon so will be a bit busy. Might have a wee wander round the few shops we have, inbetween appointments, will see what the weather's doing. But I'm more likely to park at the Beach Front with my coffee and just watch the waves.  :smiley:

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

crabbyob

it is amazing the fascination we have with the sea, we can just look at it for ages, and it can and does form our moods.... from the excitement of crashing waves to the gentle swell...sigh i should have been a sailor...

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

crabbyob

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

klondike

Without a 200 mile certificate it probably wouldn't help most sailors anyway.