Oh for pity's sake

Started by Michael Rolls, September 07, 2023, 07:19:44 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

How can they point to 2023 in Britain and have the cheek to suggest it has been an unusually warm year. Ok there were some hot days but there were a hell of a lot more at sub normal temperatures. Does that point to global cooling?

I keep cool these days by not reading the BBC as well as not watching.

Michael Rolls

The more this hysteria is promulgated, the more O am inclined to believe that it is total rubbish
[email protected]

dextrous63

A freak of nature is just that!

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on September 07, 2023, 07:47:01 PMHow can they point to 2023 in Britain and have the cheek to suggest it has been an unusually warm year. Ok there were some hot days but there were a hell of a lot more at sub normal temperatures. Does that point to global cooling?

I keep cool these days by not reading the BBC as well as not watching.
I reckon I could get a job as a media adviser for the climate lobby.

It would be a very short job, only lasting a few minutes as I'd only need to advise them to stop saying things such as 'it's over a hundred years since we had this sort of weather'.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

It is believed that at the time of its creation, the temperature on Earth was around 2000 Celsius.  

So 33C in early Sept is hardly likely to be a record!

Diasi

Quote from: dextrous63 on September 08, 2023, 09:03:57 AMIt is believed that at the time of its creation, the temperature on Earth was around 2000 Celsius. 

So 33C in early Sept is hardly likely to be a record!
Lol  :upvote: :grin: :grin: :grin:

But the crafty buggers always use the cop-out phrase 'since records began'.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

apparently there are over 11,000 wind turbines in the UK. At this moment they are providing 0.41% of demand. For wind power to meet total demand (TBF nobody in their mind would expect it to) on a day like today we would need 267,000 of the wretched things
[email protected]

dextrous63

Quote from: Michael Rolls on September 08, 2023, 09:25:35 AMapparently there are over 11,000 wind turbines in the UK. At this moment they are providing 0.41% of demand. For wind power to meet total demand (TBF nobody in their mind would expect it to) on a day like today we would need 267,000 of the wretched things
There are several solutions which spring to mind.

1. Build sufficient Nuclear power stations to turn the wind turbines manually via big fan belts😬

2.  Build sufficient Nuclear power stations to power a load of office fans which will generate enough wind to turn the turbines (simultaneously, these office fans will help cool the planet)

3.  Only allow 0.41% of the population to have access to any electricity at any one time, thus demonstrating that the turbines are producing 100% of demand.

Michael Rolls

Brilliant!  :upvote:  :upvote:
Oh, they are now down to 0.33%!
[email protected]

dextrous63

Quote from: Michael Rolls on September 08, 2023, 09:40:57 AMBrilliant!  :upvote:  :upvote:
Oh, they are now down to 0.33%!
If this kind of drop happens, then we need to build sufficient nuclear power stations to keep it at 0.41% availability.  Consistency has to be maintained 😉

klondike

I think they had to turn them off. They normally keep them running to blow the dinghies back but can't afford the electric bill all the time.

Ashy

Quote from: dextrous63 on September 08, 2023, 09:03:57 AMSo 33C in early Sept is hardly likely to be a record!
It was warmer in 1976 and very much drier.

I don't think I have ever seen a day with so little wind generating electricity. Luckily it's quite warm and sunny and the import cables are working well. They've even fired up the coal power stations.

Not a good day for those who advocate putting more bird mincers on land. They need to do something to these things so the birds can avoid them.

dextrous63

Perhaps lots of office fans running to blow the birds away from the turbines🤓

Michael Rolls

from Wiki

>>The highest temperature during the 1976 heatwave was 35.9 °C (96.6 °F), 0.8 °C below the record at the time of 36.7 °C (98.1 °F) set on 9 August 1911. As of 2022, 1976 has the 13th hottest day in UK history. In the Central England Temperature series, 1976 is the hottest summer for more than 350 years.<<
I remember 1976 well - day after day without rain
[email protected]