Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

highlight of the day will be the Tesco delivery!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

I hope you've ordered some treats Mike!

Exercise class later, then I probably won't be fit for anything else. 😮�💨
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Scrumpy

Lottie and Bertie are coming here today.. Chicken for lunch.. 
Not as hot .. not as humid.. much better for sleeping.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

No rain today :yay:  so far....
I'm having chicken too Scrumps, a curry. :upvote:

Michael Rolls

well, thundery showers forecast by now, but so far 🤞🤞🤞
[email protected]

Raven

Been raining here off n on all night, but managed to get Dageus out between showers. Off to the Doctors soon to see the nurse, she called me in for repeat Blood Tests.....Needles, Groan.  :yell:

Diasi

A bit of luck this morning as I left the car window open about an inch last night but fortunately no rain came in as the driver's side is sheltered by the house wall.

Last night I signed up for an AliExpress account & ordered my first-ever items directly from China & today they sent confirmation of dispatch & tracking details.

Items that I'd bought on eBay for £26 cost me £7 + vat including postage.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

If you are prepared to take a punt on Ali Express and can use apps you may want to take a look at the Temu app. I've not used it but my son did. He got a box full of stuff at rock bottom prices using it. Took 8 days to arrive. I have used Ali Express in the past with no issues. It's obviously Chink tat but most stuff is these days anyway.

Raven

That App keeps popping up in my FB Feed, some stuff looks interesting but my Highland Warning Bells were ringing. :hmm:

klondike

All I can say is that my son's stuff showed up and pretty quickly. I got the app but haven't looked yet - I wanted to see how he got on.

Not sure how payment is made. From memory on Ali Express it was by some PayPal look alike which I was a bit dubious about but had no issues. That was several years ago. I've tended to avoid chink stuff on eBay as much of the financial saving went with a law change. That was why I was so annoyed with the supposed UK seller that was obviously shipping from China. That still drags on. I made the tracked return but the tracking shows it stuck in Birmingham. I suspect the return address was a fake. I will eventually get the money back from either eBay or PayPal. I'll probably get the item returned by Royal Mail too if they can't deliver - that has happened before.

Raven

Those sellers from abroad that kid on they are in the UK should be booted off Ebay. A warning first maybe and if reported again then it's the boot.
Their sizes are all to hell as well, that's why I stopped buying from them. A couple of winters ago I found a lovely jacket and ordered it thinking it was in the UK. It took ages to come, and when it did it was several sizes too small. I was going to return it but my granddaughter saw it and said Pretty Please, so ended up with it.
Didn't stop me having a right go at the seller, I also left stinging feedback and reported him.  :angry:
I always go into the setting and choose UK only before I start to browse, but these cheats get in somehow.

dextrous63

I know what you mean.  A few years ago, I ordered some pangolin steaks from what I thought was a small butcher in Weymouth.  Turned out that it came from a wet market in Wuhan.  Tasted alright, albeit it a bit "gamey" from it taking so long to arrive, and we had a sore throat for a couple of weeks after.  But it didn't stop us from going out and about.....

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..