David Starkey

Started by Diasi, May 05, 2023, 09:14:12 AM

« previous - next »

1955vintage

I think Rishi is suffering from the fatigue amongst white people of seeing constant black/brown faces in advertisements and on television generally.Everywhere I look I see a foreign face telling me why everything is my fault. This country was 98% white last time we had a coronation, now we are barely 80% and falling.

Sunak is suffering the backlash which will be misinterpreted as racism.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

JBR

Quote from: 1955vintage on May 05, 2023, 09:04:32 PMI think Rishi is suffering from the fatigue amongst white people of seeing constant black/brown faces in advertisements and on television generally.Everywhere I look I see a foreign face telling me why everything is my fault. This country was 98% white last time we had a coronation, now we are barely 80% and falling.

I agree, and it is a sad time for this country these days and, I'm sure, in the forthcoming days.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Jacqueline

Quote from: 1955vintage on May 05, 2023, 09:04:32 PMI think Rishi is suffering from the fatigue amongst white people of seeing constant black/brown faces in advertisements and on television generally.Everywhere I look I see a foreign face telling me why everything is my fault. This country was 98% white last time we had a coronation, now we are barely 80% and falling.

Spot on.

And why was Sunak a Hindu, reading the Christian Epistle at the Coronation?  perhaps the Christian clergy should go to the mosque and temples and read out their stuff, I doubt it will ever happen.

Diasi

Quote from: Jacqueline on May 06, 2023, 06:57:43 PMSpot on.

And why was Sunak a Hindu, reading the Christian Epistle at the Coronation?  perhaps the Christian clergy should go to the mosque and temples and read out their stuff, I doubt it will ever happen.
And you won't ever see a Fred Braithwaite as the PM of India.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Jacqueline

Quote from: Diasi on May 06, 2023, 06:59:06 PMAnd you won't ever see a Fred Braithwaite as the PM of India.
More chance of aliens landing! 

Diasi

Quote from: Jacqueline on May 06, 2023, 07:29:16 PMMore chance of aliens landing!
What, like the one that's landed on us.

I didn't realise how tiny he is until I saw that he wasn't much higher than the number 10 letter box. Lol  :grin:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Rishi Sunak is British.. he was born here..
 Mocking another's appearance is like children in the playground.. 
They resort to name calling..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ashy

A dog born in a stable is not  a horse.

Scrumpy

So, If he is not British.. What is he.. ? I'm confused..

GrannyMac

Scrumpy, you're right. He is British, thats his nationality.  His ethnicity is mainly Indian.  Nationality and ethnicity aren't the same.  

My nationality is British too, my ethnicity is mainly Scottish. I have a cousin who has American nationality, another who is an Australian national. Their ethnicity is  similar to mine.  

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

I am one of the 'enlightened ones' who maintain that there are good and bad in all peoples, nationalities, colours, religions, and ethnicities.
There are good even in the one religion which threatens to take over our country by force of numbers and its adherence to the rules of its religion.

However, those last few words hopefully explain the dangers of what is being allowed to happen to our country, though hopefully not until after my lifetime and Marge's.

That is not my fault, nor the fault of most British people, but of certain ones who are too weak or too biased to run the country for its own well-being.  Sadly, I can see no other future for it than to inexorably descend into being the poorest country in Europe and eventually enter the membership of the third-world.
Completely unavoidable, sadly, but not now.  😢
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

I get it now..
The white man is not an original Australian.. New Zealander.. American.. African.. Indian..
Yet we Go there.. Take over..  One rule for one comes to mind..

Raven

For once I'm not putting in my twopence worth.  :lipsrsealed:  :lipsrsealed:  :lipsrsealed:  :lipsrsealed:  :cool:

morty

Quote from: Scrumpy on May 07, 2023, 12:05:56 PMI get it now..
The white man is not an original Australian.. New Zealander.. American.. African.. Indian..
Yet we Go there.. Take over..  One rule for one comes to mind..
Well, yes ... the same as when William the Conqueror invaded us we had to take on Norman ways and culture. Early colonisations was more land grab than any interest in changing an existing cuilture, though it did inevitably happen.
Nowadays it's less invasion and more like infiltration.

So, rather ironically, as a Westernised Christian country we now have a Hindu PM
And Scotland, has a Muslim First Minister.
And London has a Muslim Mayor.

Multiculturalism has a lot to answer for.
If I'm honest I miss the England that 'was' when I was a kid. 

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]