Musical Memories

Started by Mups, Yesterday at 10:53:00 PM

« previous - next »

Mups

There was a programme on telly tonight about all the old music from the 70's.    

I didn't think I would enjoy it,  but surprisingly,  I did, it was full of memories of my younger days.
It was good to  see and hear all the old stars of yesteryear again, who  most of us probably grew up with.   
Proper songs, with nice words, and a lot of love songs.

Who remembers some of these people:

A very young Mick Jagger,  Rod Stewart,  Paul McCartney, a young Eton John,  Leo Sayer, Brotherhood of Man,  ShowWaddyWaddy, The Walker Brothers,  Demis Roussos, The Four Seasons,  Dolly Parton,  Johnny Mathis -   (still alive and 91 now),   and many more lovely old song and faces.


Can you remember what you were up to 50 years ago,  in 1976?   

Scrumpy


I remember Demis Roussos... My Friend the Wind..
  Beautiful song..  Reminds me of someone very special..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Dextrous63

As I wasn't born until 2006, I can't comment on 1976.  😬😬

GrannyMac

#3
Quote from: Mups on Yesterday at 10:53:00 PMThere was a programme on telly tonight about all the old music from the 70's.   

I didn't think I would enjoy it,  but surprisingly,  I did, it was full of memories of my younger days.
It was good to  see and hear all the old stars of yesteryear again, who  most of us probably grew up with. 
Proper songs, with nice words, and a lot of love songs.

Who remembers some of these people:

A very young Mick Jagger,  Rod Stewart,  Paul McCartney, a young Eton John,  Leo Sayer, Brotherhood of Man,  ShowWaddyWaddy, The Walker Brothers,  Demis Roussos, The Four Seasons,  Dolly Parton,  Johnny Mathis -  (still alive and 91 now),  and many more lovely old song and faces.


Can you remember what you were up to 50 years ago,  in 1976? 
I remember them all! In 1976, both kids were at school, I was working in the office of a seafood factory, my OH was making a decent living in clubs, singing songs made famous by some of those artistes. We knew Sandra from Brotherhood of Man, through her first husband, who was also a singer, and grew up near my OH.  

Today at 10:25:51 AM
Quote from: Dextrous63 on Today at 09:45:12 AMAs I wasn't born until 2006, I can't comment on 1976.  😬😬
You're banned!  This is a forum for pensioners 😂😂
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Mups

#4
Quote from: Dextrous63 on Today at 09:45:12 AMAs I wasn't born until 2006, I can't comment on 1976.  😬😬
Have you taken too many pills again, sir?    :grin:


Today at 12:03:55 PM
Lovely memories for you,  Granny. 


Today at 12:06:52 PM
Quote from: Scrumpy on Today at 09:04:12 AMI remember Demis Roussos... My Friend the Wind..
  Beautiful song..  Reminds me of someone very special..
I wonder how he made his voice sing so 'high up'  all the time?
Some lovely songs though.
He died of Cancer  when he was only 68.