How old is your Boiler?

Started by Mups, Yesterday at 10:53:40 PM

« previous - next »

Dextrous63

Quote from: Mups on Today at 01:27:50 PMAbout the only thing that would cheer me up at the mo,  is either George Clooney or Richard Gere come  and  take me somewhere nice.  Yes! smiley 65


Chances are that they'd let you pay their bill.  😬😬

Mups

Quote from: klondike on Today at 02:35:20 PM£50 sounds a bargain. Especially with an old one as it probably needs the burner given a clean and maybe the pilot light adjusting. All they do with a new combi is stick a gas analyser in the flue, turn on your hot tap and scratch their backside while preparing a bill for £100 and running up your gas and water bills. Nothing to take to bits. Money for old rope but needed to keep the warranty valid.
That sounds about right, Klondie.   :smiley:

I think my boiler service last year was £90.  Bound to have gone up this year.

Mups

#17
The young boiler man finally got here this afternoon.   He only looked about 15,  but was a nice lad.
Anyway,  after he'd been fiddling out with it for a little while,  he asked me to turn the hot tap on and much to my delight,  hot water poured out.

The long and short of it was,  he said he couldn't find any faults!
I said if he couldn't find anything wrong,  I am not convinced that by the time he got a mile up the road, it would conk out again.   
He said if it did,  just press the 'Reset'  button and showed me which one it was.
If it conked out again after that,  he said to ring them,  even if it was over the  weekend.

Most odd.   I am pleased in one way,  but  a little concerned because I still don't know what made it die yesterday.   Do I trust it I wonder?

I don't know what they will charge me for the call out yet,  no doubt the boss will email me in a day or two with the bill.