Barclaycard

Started by Alex, October 07, 2026, 04:04:25 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Anyone use a Barclaycard ?  I've had one for years but now it seems I can't log in to my account on the laptop and I need to download an app, I presume that would be on my phone ?   I can't get through to Barclaycard to ask.

Dextrous63

Yes, it is a phone app.  I have a card but never use it.  Took out an account a few years ago to balance transfer another card ( the deal was 0%apr and the transfer fee was... 0%, so was money for nothing!!)

App was easy enough to set up iirc, but took a few days for password and pin to be posted, as per norm.

Alex


Dextrous63


morty

I used to have an online Barclaycard account I used by laptop but they closed it down . 
I don't have a smart phone but you can, if you prefer to remain online, open an account on the main Barclays site as they've merged with that.
Same as Dex says though ... they'll send you an email with a log in number and a second number by post  to activate the account.


Mups

Quote from: Alex on October 07, 2026, 04:04:25 PMAnyone use a Barclaycard ?  I've had one for years but now it seems I can't log in to my account on the laptop and I need to download an app, I presume that would be on my phone ?  I can't get through to Barclaycard to ask.
That would have made me very suspicious of scammers.

klondike

I imagine far more people use phones for banking these days than laptops and desktops. I moved over to using a phone for online banking ages ago. I'd guess that there are plenty of younger users only have phones.

Oddly computer banking took over from the early phone banking. The pace of change is constantly increasing.

GrannyMac

Phone is too small for me, I use my Ipad.  Recently my main bank, Lloyds, changed their credit card from Mastercard to Visa.  Regular payments from it had to be changed, by the user.

As my friend said, all the admin has been passed on to the customer to do! 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Quote from: GrannyMac on Yesterday at 07:17:11 AMRecently my main bank, Lloyds, changed their credit card from Mastercard to Visa.  Regular payments from it had to be changed, by the user.
Same here. As mines a cashback card I have it as primary source everywhere. PITA

Dextrous63

Quote from: GrannyMac on Yesterday at 07:17:11 AMPhone is too small for me, I use my Ipad.  Recently my main bank, Lloyds, changed their credit card from Mastercard to Visa.  Regular payments from it had to be changed, by the user.

As my friend said, all the admin has been passed on to the customer to do!
Fun sized banking, eh?  Same sized fees, smaller sized product. 🤬