Standing on one leg

Started by Flying Bomb, October 07, 2026, 08:28:13 AM

« previous - next »

JBR

Quote from: Ashy on Yesterday at 07:30:27 AMI'm going to try it. What do we do with the other leg?
I know it isn't easy, but you have to raise it and touch your ear with your knee.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Scrumpy


36 sec left leg- 38 sec right leg... Today..

Quote from: Ashy on Yesterday at 07:30:27 AMI'm going to try it. What do we do with the other leg?
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

crabbyob

but did you touch your ear with you knee...mmm... perhaps i am asking the wrong person about their ability to touch their ear with their knee...lol.. sorry Scrumptious.... I must admit i feel its a success standing on two feet...i just tried it... three seconds on my left leg... i will try the right tomorrow....perhaps

morty

I read of another one that's good to help with balance ...apparently ... stand on tip toes for 10 to 30 seconds, preferably standing next to a cupboard to lean on if need be.
The theory is it strenghtens the muscles in the lower leg and feet and provides a more solid platform for stability and helps reduces trips and off balance falls.

And as us girls know who wore heels a lot ... it also slims and shapes your calves and trims your thighs for sexy legs.  :halo:

Scrumpy

Morty.. Or you could put on some heels and strut your lot around the bedroom !!!
A bit of lippy and rouge helps with the ' look'
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

morty

Now there's a thought!  :clap:

Scrumpy


Today..
23 left leg... 22 right leg..  Not as good as yesterday.. I wobbled a lot..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ashy

My question was serious about the "other" leg. As you will no doubt recall from your ballet lessons at school, there are several stances such as Arabesque to stand on one leg.

So far I've found it much easier to stand on someone else's leg but she says it hurts.

klondike

Will have to try this again.


Left 43 Right got bored at 90.
I hold the spare leg up knee bent slightly. Move arms a little to maintain balance.
I was on a firm floor. I tried on a carpet yesterday and was a bit wobbly.

Dextrous63

Quote from: Scrumpy on Yesterday at 02:59:41 PMMorty.. Or you could put on some heels and strut your lot around the bedroom !!!
A bit of lippy and rouge helps with the ' look'
The pressure exerted by the stiletto heel on the floor is the same as the weight of an elephant.

Of course, over time, some people -no names mentioned, Morty, can exert the same pressure barefooted. 

JBR

Quote from: Dextrous63 on Today at 09:47:21 AMThe pressure exerted by the stiletto heel on the floor is the same as the weight of an elephant.

Of course, over time, some people -no names mentioned, Morty, can exert the same pressure barefooted.
Hi Dex. 
Let me know when you're out of hospital.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Dextrous63

Sure will JB.

I fancy a stint in Wythenshawe for a change. 

JBR

Quote from: Dextrous63 on Today at 11:09:10 AMSure will JB.

I fancy a stint in Wythenshawe for a change.
Despite the specific location, of which Mancunians are fully aware, Wythenshawe Hospital is actually an excellent place.  Marge has been there three times, with her wrist (not that she could go there without it), and has had not only excellent surgery and post op. care, but whenever we arrived we were attended to immediately, which in my experience is not a common experience generally within the NHS.

Yes, I could certainly tolerate a stint in Wythenshawe Hospital, if necessary.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Dextrous63

The only issue with the place at times, is parking.

A couple of weeks ago I had to park near the entrance to the main car park, and she was in one of the F wards, which was just about the furthest point possible from the car.   Took me nigh on 15 mins to walk there.

Mind you, still better than the multi stories at MRI, with the added little curveball of one taking a wrong turn and getting a fine for driving down Oxford Road. 🤬🤬

JBR

Quote from: Dextrous63 on Today at 12:54:48 PMThe only issue with the place at times, is parking.

I fully agree.  The main car park across the main road from the hospital is almost always full.
Fortunately, Marge can't drive at the moment (due to her wrist), and I am under orders for some time now that I mustn't drive (though I'm sure that I can) and, as all married men will agree, one does what their wife orders, or else...

At present, then, we just order an Uber taxi which, as we are relatively close to the hospital, only costs a few pounds.  Actually, Marge uses them a lot lately (as she cannot drive) for going to her art and choir meetings.  I must say that Uber is not expensive and, once ordered, can arrive at our house within a few minutes.  I'd recommend them.
Numquam credere Gallicum