Nice bird!

Started by GrannyMac, October 06, 2026, 10:52:54 PM

« previous - next »

GrannyMac

This specimen has been hanging around our area for quite a while.  The RSPCA have tried and failed to catch it!   On a neighbour's car.

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Mups

Quote from: GrannyMac on October 06, 2026, 10:52:54 PMThis specimen has been hanging around our area for quite a while.  The RSPCA have tried and failed to catch it!  On a neighbour's car.


Looks like a Peahen to me.
Hope it survives alright.

GrannyMac

Quote from: Mups on October 06, 2026, 11:06:16 PMLooks like a Peahen to me.
Hope it survives alright.

It is a peahen. It's survived round here since mid summer.  There have been lots of sightings, but no one has responded to all the local online reports that it's in the area. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

muddy

It must feel lonely .

klondike

It must have escaped from somewhere. They arent native sfaik.

Wouldn't want one on my car. Pigeons are bad enough.

Mups

The males are so beautiful when they display their tails.  So majestic and beautiful colours -  but very noisy!

GrannyMac

Quote from: klondike on Yesterday at 07:46:46 AMIt must have escaped from somewhere. They arent native sfaik.

Wouldn't want one on my car. Pigeons are bad enough.
Two of the neighbours have black cars, it seems to favour them.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Good job elephants don't fly  :rolleyes:

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on Yesterday at 10:02:55 AMTwo of the neighbours have black cars, it seems to favour them. 
Perhaps because they know that their poo stands out better on black!
Numquam credere Gallicum

klondike

I've had crows attacking wiper blades in the past. That was a maroon car. I hung some silvery CDs above it and that seemed to fix the problem or maybe the crows got bored.

Mups

Quote from: klondike on Yesterday at 01:28:26 PMI've had crows attacking wiper blades in the past. That was a maroon car. I hung some silvery CDs above it and that seemed to fix the problem or maybe the crows got bored.
I've seen that tip before about the CD discs hanging over seedlings and veg growing,  but never tried it.
Interesting to know it works. 

klondike

Fine net should work for plants but needs pegging down well. If one gets under it they are too stupid or panicky to get out again quickly.

I'm not sure it would work for a peahen either. Probably eat the lot.

Alex

I've had luck with the sparkly tape I bought from Temu, it's kept most of the pigeons away.


Scrumpy

Awww!!! The poor thing.. I do hope she gets caught and put somewhere safe ... There are some cruel bastards out there..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on Yesterday at 04:44:30 PMAwww!!! The poor thing.. I do hope she gets caught and put somewhere safe ... There are some cruel bastards out there..
Yes,  that came to my mind too . .