Jeffrey Archer

Started by Mups, Yesterday at 10:13:34 PM

« previous - next »

Mups

I just heard on the late night news,  that Jeffrey Archer has now died.
He was 86,  and had been battling prostate cancer.

Dextrous63

Crumbs.

Read a couple of his books, which were ok.

Can't remember too much about his politics other that the Private Eye giving him much stick.

But, condolences to his family.

Ruthio

So sad, a great storyteller.
Just ordered his latest book from the library, Adam and Eve....my reservation is 14th of 14, it may be a while....!!

muddy

Quote from: Mups on Yesterday at 10:13:34 PMI just heard on the late night news,  that Jeffrey Archer has now died.
He was 86,  and had been battling prostate cancer.

We like his books  I often reread them .
Ah well he had an eventful life and a good innings

morty

I read some of his books too ... enjoyed them.
He sold over 300 million books. That's impressive.

muddy

What happened to not speaking ill of the dead ? 

BBC news 
" Jeffrey Archer : successful novelist , disgraced politician and convicted liar." 

GrannyMac

I read a few when I was younger, may revisit them.  RIP Jeffrey Archer

I expect nothing less from the BBC these days. Truth when it suits them.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Quote from: GrannyMac on Today at 07:51:21 AMTruth when it suits them.
Too true...
He certainly had a colourful life..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Dextrous63

Quote from: muddy on Today at 07:38:23 AMWhat happened to not speaking ill of the dead ?

BBC news
" Jeffrey Archer : successful novelist , disgraced politician and convicted liar."
Maybe they were jealous that he never worked for them, as he would have fitted in rather well.

crabbyob

i read and enjoyed a few of his books, a good storyteller, but one of thatchers pee-ons...