This Is Weird

Started by morty, October 02, 2026, 04:44:08 PM

« previous - next »

Mups

Quote from: morty on Yesterday at 12:19:48 AMThat's the weird bit ...
What the neighbour did is illegal ... yet he managed to sell the land on .... with approved planning permission for a 5 bedroom house and someone was daft enough to buy it.

The lady who owns the other half has her insurance company taking on the local council but quite honestly, I wouldn't feel safe living in that house.


I agree.   Neither would I.
Neither would I want the noise and intrusion of builders banging about that close to my home all day.

JBR

Quote from: Mups on Yesterday at 10:19:01 AMI agree.  Neither would I.
Neither would I want the noise and intrusion of builders banging about that close to my home all day.
I suspect that the best course of action for the owner of this house would be to sell it as quickly as she can, before it falls down.  I am surprised that the buyer of what was the next-door property was allowed to demolish it, as doing so has actually damaged the remaining property next door.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Raven

But Dex, would anyone in their right mind want to buy it? One hell of a gamble. :hmm:

klondike

I doubt they'd get any mortgage on it. They only folk likely to benefit from this are in the legal profession.

Dextrous63

Quote from: Raven on Today at 10:09:50 AMBut Dex, would anyone in their right mind want to buy it? One hell of a gamble. :hmm:
Eh?  Why are you asking me?  My sole input on thread is to slap a coat of paint on it.  😬🤷🏻�♂️

Raven

Quote from: Dextrous63 on Today at 04:53:40 PMEh?  Why are you asking me?  My sole input on thread is to slap a coat of paint on it.  😬🤷🏻�♂️

Sorry Dex I meant to answer JBR. :embarrassed:

morty

That wouldn't usually stop Dex from answering  :embarrassed:

JBR

Quote from: Raven on Today at 10:09:50 AMBut Dex, would anyone in their right mind want to buy it? One hell of a gamble. :hmm:
I certainly wouldn't touch it with a bargepole! (Answering on behalf of Dex!)

Actually, the seller of the demolished property must surely be subject to any damage caused to the remaining house.  I think in the place of the poor owner of the remaining property, I'd be pursuing that legally.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Dextrous63

Quote from: morty on Today at 05:18:10 PMThat wouldn't usually stop Dex from answering  :embarrassed:
Scurrilous  :waiting:

Raven