Labradors and ale

Started by muddy, Yesterday at 10:20:21 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

I can understand why open all hours ones like mine can get away with high prices but not big ones in towns.

Scrumpy

#31
We have the big stores not too far away.. Waitrose... Tesco.. Sainsbury's..
  On the whole it is quite convenient living here.. If you  just want to eat..
  No decent clothes stores though..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

Thurso has only 3 stores, Tesco as you come in, Co-op in the middle and Lidl on the far side of the town on the way out. Clothes shops none unless you count the only Charity Shop that has bits n bobs. Wick 25 miles east is better but Dingwall or Inverness are where the real shopping centres are.

Mups

Quote from: Raven on Today at 01:14:07 PMThurso has only 3 stores, Tesco as you come in, Co-op in the middle and Lidl on the far side of the town on the way out. Clothes shops none unless you count the only Charity Shop that has bits n bobs. Wick 25 miles east is better but Dingwall or Inverness are where the real shopping centres are.
Many years ago, one of my Beddie puppies went to a lady up your way Raven.   Lovely lady she was and kept in touch with me all the pups life.
She lived in a place called Boltby.   Do you know it?

morty

I hate to tot up how many coffee shops and bars are along my High Street ... what does stick out is the tailor's shop run by an Afghani, next to the Turkish barbers. You'd think a tailor would go out of business.

Scrumpy

#35
I think the tailor shop is a ' front' .. morty..
😎
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

Quote from: Mups on Today at 01:46:05 PMMany years ago, one of my Beddie puppies went to a lady up your way Raven.   Lovely lady she was and kept in touch with me all the pups life.
She lived in a place called Boltby.   Do you know it?

No never heard of it  :hmm: The only ones I can think of up here are,
Brora, Berridale, and Bonar Bridge.
Over to the East and further down are Ballator, Braemar, and Banff.

Dextrous63

#37
Quote from: Scrumpy on Today at 03:29:18 PMI think the tailor shop is a ' front' .. morty..
Funny's 😎
I wonder if there's a Tinker shop on one side and an Army Recruitment centre on the other? 😉

Today at 03:51:42 PM
Quote from: Raven on Today at 03:43:30 PMNo never heard of it  :hmm: The only ones I can think of up here are,
Brora, Berridale, and Bonar Bridge.
Over to the East and further down are Ballator, Braemar, and Banff.
The only Boltby I can find is in Yorkshire 🤷🏻�♂️. 

Typo, Mups?

Mups

#38
Quote from: Raven on Today at 03:43:30 PMNo never heard of it  :hmm: The only ones I can think of up here are,
Brora, Berridale, and Bonar Bridge.
Over to the East and further down are Ballator, Braemar, and Banff.
Sorry,  I got Thurso muddled up with Thirsk!   
I never could do geography.   :rolleyes:

Boltby is near Thirsk,  not Thurso!  


Today at 09:07:24 PM
Quote from: Dextrous63 on Today at 03:49:10 PMI wonder if there's a Tinker shop on one side and an Army Recruitment centre on the other? 😉

Today at 03:51:42 PMThe only Boltby I can find is in Yorkshire 🤷🏻�♂️.

Typo, Mups?
Not exactly a type, Dex,  just appalling geographical knowledge.   :rolleyes:

Dextrous63

Ok.  Thanks Mups.  Easy mistake to make. 🙂

Mups

Quote from: Dextrous63 on Today at 09:19:04 PMOk.  Thanks Mups.  Easy mistake to make. 🙂
I was bottom of the class at Geography for all my school life.  
I even lose my car in Tesco's car park.   :smiley:

Dextrous63

Quote from: Mups on Today at 09:22:25 PMI was bottom of the class at Geography for all my school life.  :smiley:

I didn't really progress much beyond ox-bow lakes and making those diy 3D slot together paper landscape models from OS maps with their contour lines.

Used to love doing that.  Weirdly, found it useful for making 3D catastrophe theory surfaces at Uni.  Funny old world, eh?