Labradors and ale

Started by muddy, Today at 10:20:21 AM

« previous - next »

Dextrous63

Quote from: morty on Today at 07:20:58 PM:poke:  Now you know it isn't .... there are no mobility scooters.

They come out on Wednesdays and Fridays.

muddy

Quote from: Mups on Today at 12:40:24 PMProbably lives in a city and has no idea of country life.

Apparently was brought up in rural Suffolk .

But
She went to SOAS ( now a sort of extremist Middle East outpost ) 
Has a masters in Islamic history and is a member of today's Labour Party which thinks black labradors are far right .

Personally I think they are too friendly and amiable to be far right , they will sell their  soul for a gravy bone .

I have a border collie ( the thinking persons dog ) I need him he's cleverer than me.

1955vintage

Labs are not far right , they are just too soft.

My basset is far more right wing.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

morty

I never realised dogs followed politics or any ideology come to that.

Raven

#19
Quote from: morty on Today at 04:35:11 PMIt looks idyllic .... not a motorway or pylon in sight. What's the population Raven? I bet it's not many ...

It's around 800.

Think I posted this wee video before, not sure. But it goes from the village harbour to Thurso passing over our place about 2 mins in. It's 4 mins long but you certainly get the idea of the place.
You'll recognise places from all my walk with Dageus photos towards the end, around Thurso beach area.


muddy

It's beautiful Raven .

Raven

Quote from: muddy on Today at 09:06:02 PMIt's beautiful Raven .

Yes it is Muddy, a wild and lonely area, but those who live here love it. :wink:

Dextrous63

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and I behold those eyes 🙂

As with all things, there's a price to pay.  .. weather, amenities, etc.

For me, living there would have to be short term and for a holiday.  I suspect your trips to Perth are on a similar footing.

Raven

Quote from: Dextrous63 on Today at 09:34:14 PMBeauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and I behold those eyes 🙂

As with all things, there's a price to pay.  .. weather, amenities, etc.

For me, living there would have to be short term and for a holiday.  I suspect your trips to Perth are on a similar footing.

My trips back to Perth are to see my family and long time friends, decent shops I can mooch in, though I could do a day trip to Inverness for that. But I don't really know the place that well so I go to Perth, I lived on my own there for several years after my marriage ended and I grew used to it being only me, and at that time 3 Old English Sheepdogs. My peace n quiet became very precious to me as I'd been to hell and back because of my ex's treatment of me.
After a year I took the dogs and went up North for a break, bumped into Duncan who I knew from childhood and spent some time with him. We kept in touch and talked on the phone a lot once I got back to Perth. I never intended to spend so much time up North, but things worked out that way.

Dextrous63

Thank you for a reminder and additional information.

Can you ever see yourself returning to a big town/city?  

Having said that, can you foresee a time when you want another dog?  Not a replacement for Dageus, obviously (bless him and your happy memories), but just as a "new beginning", per se?