Labradors and ale

Started by muddy, Today at 10:20:21 AM

« previous - next »

muddy

Jenny Riddell-Carpenter MP for Suffolk says that the idea of the countryside being full of black Labradors and pubs selling ale is a fantasy .

She hasn't been to my village .




Scrumpy


Stupid woman.. She needs to open her eyes..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on Today at 12:23:01 PMStupid woman.. She needs to open her eyes..

Probably lives in a city and has no idea of country life.

morty

I don't know .... what is village life now?
Where I live there are a load of yummy mummys and fellas wearing shorts all year round and lots of cockapoos. Last month there was a couple of teenage girls riding horses in the park. 
The affluent and trendy have electric gates to their properties and a lot hang out at the shisha bar puffing their hookahs.
No mosque ....yet. Just a WW1 cenotaph.

Scrumpy

We have a local church.. Also a WW1 cenotaph..A very large park with a very old Priory building ( owned over the years by the wealthy).. 
The breed of dog has changed over the years.. Labradors are not the latest fashion.
We also have a little Co-op.. butchers .. chemist.. paper shop and chip shop..
And.. just as an added extra ..we have the M25 at the top of a very steep hill.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

morty

Now that does sound like a typical village with an unsightly motorway stuck by it. But a paper shop snd chippy? That's lucky.
I've never seen so many nail bars, Turkish barbers and vaping shops.

Raven

This is our wee village, very small but has a pub, hotel  and a couple of shops. We stay just outside the village, top left of photo just near the fields.


morty

It looks idyllic .... not a motorway or pylon in sight. What's the population Raven? I bet it's not many ...

Dextrous63

Looks lovely.  I like the layout of a few very parallel roads.  

morty

No roundabouts or traffic lights. Lovely stretch of coastline too ... 
I could live there except I'd be terrified of winter storms.

Scrumpy

It looks fine but far too isolated for me..
I like people around.. I like people watching..
Sitting on a park bench or by the coast in Brighton..
I guess it is what a person gets used to.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

We visit our son in a village, it hasn't even got a shop. Horses in the field next to their garden, a small church, a primary school, village hall, and a few farms.  I love visiting, but wouldn't live there in older age. Driving is a necessity.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Dextrous63

Here's our local village in South Manchester...


muddy

Quote from: GrannyMac on Today at 06:48:06 PMWe visit our son in a village, it hasn't even got a shop. Horses in the field next to their garden, a small church, a primary school, village hall, and a few farms.  I love visiting, but wouldn't live there in older age. Driving is a necessity.

That's like where I live .
It does have a farm shop ( I have never been in ) that sells posh bread and seriously expensive coffee apparently. 

morty

Quote from: Dextrous63 on Today at 07:00:59 PMHere's our local village in South Manchester...



 :poke:   Now you know it isn't .... there are no mobility scooters.