Serious Major Incident at RAF Fairford

Started by Vlad, September 27, 2026, 02:32:19 PM

« previous - next »

morty

Quote from: Scrumpy on Yesterday at 09:03:17 AMOne of the 5 said that he phoned 999.. Heard it on the news today..

It's getting more like an Enid Blyton adventure by the day..

Okay, I don't normally own up to feeling thick (especially when Dex is around) ... but why on earth would a suspect ring the police even before the farmer did?  :hmm:

Dextrous63

Quote from: morty on Yesterday at 02:56:49 PMOkay, I don't normally own up to feeling thick (especially when Dex is around) ... but why on earth would a suspect ring the police even before the farmer did?  :hmm:

Er, 999 also accesses the other emergency services.  Maybe his pet cat got stuck up a tree 🤷🏻�♂️

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Dextrous63

Quote from: Scrumpy on Yesterday at 03:36:51 PMOr his flies were on fire..!!!
Or maybe he'd burnt himself on the McD coffee he'd bought en route, because it was still too dark to read the warning about the container having a hot liquid inside it.  That'd need both the fire and ambulance services to attend.

klondike

Quote from: Michael Rolls on Yesterday at 02:36:11 PMjust cannot understand what is going on
You aren't in the police or government ard you?  :grin:

Dextrous63


Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

muddy

Quote from: Scrumpy on Yesterday at 09:03:17 AMOne of the 5 said that he phoned 999.. Heard it on the news today..

It's getting more like an Enid Blyton adventure by the day..

Could he be right ?

" These five, and perhaps a few others involved, were a dummy run for a proper terrorist attack on U.S. forces at RAF Fairford, and by one of the five ringing the emergency services, he was testing response times." "He was testing what would happen, you know, if a serious attack took place, could the attackers get away? That is what I believe was going on." They should never have released them"

Nigel Farage 

klondike

Best suggestion I've seen and it makes sense. 

Real terrorists don't care about being caught they'd fight it out. Iranians or Russians would probably use patsies. Would they be smart enough? Probably not but their masters would.

Alex

This sounds the most feasible explanation from Farage.  Will we ever know  ?

JBR

Quote from: muddy on Today at 07:20:23 AMCould he be right ?

" These five, and perhaps a few others involved, were a dummy run for a proper terrorist attack on U.S. forces at RAF Fairford, and by one of the five ringing the emergency services, he was testing response times." "He was testing what would happen, you know, if a serious attack took place, could the attackers get away? That is what I believe was going on." They should never have released them"

Nigel Farage
I wouldn't be surprised if the USAF station armed guards within their bases in the UK.  I know that is not the case for the RAF, though such equipment is available. 
The Yanks are more willing to carry arms and, of course, police forces worldwide are routinely armed (with the one exception of the UK, of course).
Numquam credere Gallicum

morty

Quote from: muddy on Today at 07:20:23 AMCould he be right ?

" These five, and perhaps a few others involved, were a dummy run for a proper terrorist attack on U.S. forces at RAF Fairford, and by one of the five ringing the emergency services, he was testing response times." "He was testing what would happen, you know, if a serious attack took place, could the attackers get away? That is what I believe was going on." They should never have released them"

Nigel Farage

It sounds sort of feasible but on the otherhand it's not too  bright is it? I mean they've just alerted the security forces to a glaring gap in their security haven't they?

It sounds damn strange all round.