Serious Major Incident at RAF Fairford

Started by Vlad, Yesterday at 02:32:19 PM

« previous - next »

Dextrous63

Well, as long as there are enough curtain twitchers  to keep an eye on them, then that's as safe as safe can be, and the police can get back to more important duties such as providing a protective escort for more illegal immigrants, or arresting those who are trying to carry out the first role of any government of keeping the country safe.


Alex

Stealing diesel ? if they were, it's a dangerous site to choose, they could have been shot !

klondike

Quote from: muddy on Today at 04:07:19 PMThe five suspects have now all been released on bail .
They probably promised not to do it again.

They surely can't have been arrested using terrorism laws as they can be held for quite a while without being charged if they were. All very odd.

Dextrous63

#34
Quote from: Alex on Today at 05:44:11 PMStealing diesel ? if they were, it's a dangerous site to choose, they could have been shot !
Eh? Not seen that headline/breaking news.

Today at 05:49:54 PM
Quote from: klondike on Today at 05:47:08 PMThey probably promised not to do it again.

Cross their hearts and hope to die?

morty

It's on social media , FB , apparently ... but I find it hard to believe myself.

Dextrous63

Quote from: morty on Today at 05:49:58 PMIt's on social media , FB , apparently ... but I find it hard to believe myself.
Still can't find it yet.

Anyway, Trump said the US had been investigating them for some time.  Must be a big smuggling thing going on if they're nicking diesel from the UK and shipping it over to the USA for sale on the black market.

klondike

I think I'd be as likely to believe them as Trump. He lies constantly.

Dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on Today at 05:59:20 PMI think I'd be as likely to believe them as Trump. He lies constantly.
Just been told that you're now banned from the next White House news conference.

Alex

Quote from: Dextrous63 on Today at 05:54:47 PMStill can't find it yet.

Anyway, Trump said the US had been investigating them for some time.  Must be a big smuggling thing going on if they're nicking diesel from the UK and shipping it over to the USA for sale on the black market.

I read it on X Dex, they were discussing empty barrels, I assumed it was a development I hadn't seen on the news.

Dextrous63

Thanks Alex.  I shall seek further.

morty

 Alex is right ...it is up there ..something to do with finding empty drums in the back of their vans ready for their siphoned off goodies.

I thought they could detain suspects indefinitely if it was terrorist related.

Dextrous63

Ah well.  Move on.  Nothing to see here.

Ashy

Quote from: Alex on Today at 05:44:11 PMStealing diesel ? if they were, it's a dangerous site to choose, they could have been shot !
It's a USAF base so they probably have a fuel oil pipeline. It's not unknown for thieves to milk a pipeline. Police said they didn't actually have explosives. Nevertheless they want us to believe that they foiled a plot to blow up an American air base. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. I don't think they would have let terrorists out on bail... would they?

Fuel stolen from Hampshire refinery's underground pipeline (August 2014)
A PIPELINE that carries fuel from Hampshire to Gatwick Airport has been targeted by thieves.
Police have launched an investigation after fuel was siphoned from the 120-mile long pipeline that carries fuel from Fawley Refinery to Purfleet Fuel Terminal and Gatwick.
The theft was committed near the Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg's official country residence in Kent.
Police said initial indications were that it had been ''a well organised crime''.
A gang drilled their way into the pipeline, which passes through Chevening House estate, shared by the Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Secretary.
The fuel was funnelled along a 1,600 foot pipe to an area just outside the 3,500 acre estate near Sevenoaks, Kent, and pumped into huge plastic containers aboard lorries, it was reported.
About 30,000 litres of fuel a day was stolen over seven months, with a value of £8.3million at pumps. Southern Daily Echo

Alex