The Strange Tale of Sir Ranulph Fiennes

Started by morty, September 27, 2026, 02:12:35 PM

« previous - next »

morty

This has been in the news for the last couple of days ....

Famous explorer ... not seen for 2 years.
Hidden under a false name in various care homes . No one now knows his whereabouts.
Hidden by his wife (second) who has power of attorney and refuses to let other relatives visit him.

Close friends and relatives desperately fear he is being exploited by her and deprived of his liberty and claim the police have ignored their pleas to find him.

I've no idea what to make of it ... except my cynical streak twitches into life when I hear his stepson is lauching a crowdfunder page to raise money.

Anyone else been following this.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2026/sep/26/ranulph-fiennes-explorer-stepson-launches-crowdfunder

Vlad


Dextrous63

#2
Hmm.  All a bit weird.  Reminds me of the strange shenanigans around the time Peter Falk was ill, where a protective wife made decisions which excluded other relatives.

September 27, 2026, 03:55:26 PM
Quote from: Vlad on September 27, 2026, 03:49:52 PMWas he wealthy? Ranulph  I mean
AI suggests £2 -3 million.

morty

Ordinarily I wouldn't think anything about a wife have power of attorney but it does all sound rather odd.

I can't remember Peter Falk .... * scampers off to google and sound well informed*.


Scrumpy

Wherever there is money up for grabs there are greedy people waiting ...
 
Disputes are beginning concerning Dolly Parton .. already.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Scrumpy


Apparently the police issued a statement saying there was nothing to be concerned about.. 
GMB this morning.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Dextrous63

Quote from: Scrumpy on Today at 09:06:35 AMApparently the police issued a statement saying there was nothing to be concerned about..
GMB this morning.
Wouldn't happen to be the same police who released those 5 fellas in Gloucestershire, explaining that they might, or might not be terrorists who might or might not have been planning an attack and who might or might not be a danger to the public, but we thought we'd let them go with a stern ticking off and made them promise on their mothers' lives to behave themselves?