What annoys you

Started by Mups, September 23, 2026, 10:42:33 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

It's a Samsung. About my third of theirs and after this the last. 

Mups

Quote from: klondike on Today at 05:04:01 PMIt's a Samsung. About my third of theirs and after this the last.
I have always had Samsung too.    I like them.
Never had any problems with them,  but I don't use mine for all the things you do,  so perhaps that's why?

klondike

Hardly high tech or an unusual requirement to listen to stuff.

It's a bug they've introduced because it used to work perfectly and I've changed no settings. There have been quite a few updates lately.

Have it playing something. Tilt the phone as gently as you and the sound stops and the restarts when you tilt it back. I can't think why they thought that would be a useful new feature or even an old one they accidentally turned on.

It will be something to do with something that you can turn off by laying the thing screen down.

Vlad

Quote from: klondike on Today at 05:04:01 PMIt's a Samsung. About my third of theirs and after this the last.
This is my 4th IPad and 3rd IPhone, I am a mug for Apple

Mups

Quote from: klondike on Today at 05:22:15 PMHardly high tech or an unusual requirement to listen to stuff.

It's a bug they've introduced because it used to work perfectly and I've changed no settings. There have been quite a few updates lately.

Have it playing something. Tilt the phone as gently as you and the sound stops and the restarts when you tilt it back. I can't think why they thought that would be a useful new feature or even an old one they accidentally turned on.

It will be something to do with something that you can turn off by laying the thing screen down.

That does sound daft,  and like you say,  I can't see the point of that at all.

Dextrous63

Oh, I can see the point.  Imagine you're listening to something and you nod off or, more likely, someone has hit you over the head with something solid as the racket from your phone is annoying them and everyone else around you and you are knocked unconscious.  It'd be really useful if that bloody noise stopped all by itself.

klondike

That would be a useful feature but it needs to check if on speaker or bluetooth. Being a bit mutton i listen on Bluetooth and it still stops


It may also be useful to stop you losing your place if you nod off but happens with the phone in your pocket too. Only the other day I bent down to pick up a halfpenny on the road and it stopped and I nearly got run over

Dextrous63

You could strap it to a spinning gyroscope so it'll always stay upright.

klondike

I tend to keep the phone in my trouser pocket now  as that reduces the stopages and that gyroscope may be little too stimulating.

New phone needs somebody to be in to sign so I've ordered it for Thursday as that's when my winter boiler service is booked so I'll need to stay in anyway.

If the new one does it I'll send it back and buy a gyroscope.

Dextrous63

Maybe you could experiment with your current phone's going silent when levelled out by attaching it to a slinky and see what happens while the thing steps its way down some stairs.  

Heck, if you wanted to waste even more of your time on Earth, you could even strap it in somewhere towards the centre of the slinky and see what happens at different frequencies of transversal and longitudinal waves.

Vlad

I know people like, they only make you smile when you push them down the stairs

klondike

I'll leave the experiments involving stairs til after I've got the new phone going.