What annoys you

Started by Mups, September 23, 2026, 10:42:33 AM

« previous - next »

Vlad

#75
Quote from: Mups on Today at 02:09:07 PMVlad,  there is a lot of info here,  including details of an Alzheimer's forum even.


https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/get-support?
Thanks Mups, I am registered with them

Today at 04:14:21 PM
Quote from: Dextrous63 on Today at 02:59:09 PMMy sister has got MS and has been in a pretty vegetative state for around 20 years, needing full time care.  Every so often my brother in law has to go through the rigmarole of the NHS and Social Services battling it out to see if they can get out of paying for it and dump it in the other one 🙄

Stressful enough as it is, without those silly buggers sticking their oar in.
I was sent a badly produced financial assessment form which was very intrusive They wanted to know how much money I had, how much did I get from our house sale , money in banks,  building Society's ISAs Bonds and my inside leg measurement. I threw it away 

Scrumpy

It is all very sad.. It is such an obvious ( illness) that goes ignored.. without the much needed help .. Help and care is needed 24 hrs.. They can not be left..
Meanwhile the persons / loved ones who are caring have to suffer the pain of ( losing) a loved one..
Yet a person with a bad back..!!!!!... Gets a motor..and all the trimmings.. Because they know how to work the system..
Dementia/Alzheimer's is so bloody hard for the career..
And so bloody obvious how hard it is for the career the system don't even SEE it..  
Andy Burnham's eyes have only just seen it because his father suffered it.. Yet it has been there for many, many years.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Vlad

It's a long goodbye

morty

I should think it's one of the worst and most painful for all concerned. I hope to drop dead from a heart attack.

Don't mean to be miserable.