Two Tier Policing Again

Started by Alex, November 29, 2024, 11:00:03 AM

« previous - next »

crabbyob

to be honest [lol] when looking at most of the protestors masks should be compulsary....
two tier policing has always been so.. one of the top highway patrol officers agreed the motorway speed limit if raised to 80mph would lower congestion because vehicles would be on the Motorway for shorter periods... the speed limits were put in place when vehicles were started by swinging on a starter handle.. vehicle safety has improved by so much and driving is so much easier... now if they could do something to stop heavygoods drivers taking ten minutes [i know] to overtake their pals then it would make motorway driving so much easier... yet a tv star was summoned to appear in court for driving at 24mph in a twenty zone... will justice be served by banning him??

klondike

20 mph limits are a failure in Wales

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2026/09/13/welsh-road-deaths-rise-despite-20mph-speed-limits/

It's tricky sticking to 20mph - better to watch the road than the speedo imo

JBR

If the authorities in Wales want to reduce speed limits to 20mph (presumably rather than 30mph), that will, in my opinion, eventually backfire against them.
Most sensible citizens will realise, if they already haven't, that the political party they have been supporting are failing to support them.  Fortunately, we all still have the right to vote for our politicians periodically, and if the majority dislike what the Welsh authorities are doing, I am sure that in time such authorities will be out of office.
And, in my opinion, it is exactly what they deserve.
Numquam credere Gallicum

klondike

Quote from: JBR on Today at 12:39:39 PMIf the authorities in Wales want to reduce speed limits to 20mph (presumably rather than 30mph), that will, in my opinion, eventually backfire against them.
They already did and it seems it has - at least it appears to have been followed by an increase in road deaths.

Alex

I drive into Wales sometimes, once you hit the Welsh border it's really difficult to drive at 20 mph and even more difficult to stick to it.  The Welsh police have a reputation for being sticklers, so I'm told  :grin:

JBR

Quote from: Alex on Today at 02:03:28 PMI drive into Wales sometimes, once you hit the Welsh border it's really difficult to drive at 20 mph and even more difficult to stick to it.  The Welsh police have a reputation for being sticklers, so I'm told  :grin:
I'm sure that I can manage to avoid entering Wales in the future!
I was once stationed in Wales (in the RAF), but driving was the same as in England then.
Numquam credere Gallicum