Means Test for Pension.

Started by Raven, October 09, 2024, 03:32:07 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

Well that didn't take them long. I wondered what the next blow would be.....And When. :downvote:  :wtf:

https://www.gbnews.com/money/state-pension-payment-means-test-triple-lock

klondike

They are as bad as insurance companies. Happy to take the premiums year after year butlooking for loopholes when a claim comes along.

Mups

Quote from: klondike on October 09, 2024, 04:01:44 PMThey are as bad as insurance companies. Happy to take the premiums year after year butlooking for loopholes when a claim comes along.

That's exactly what I  think too.

Diasi

Unlike Pension Credit & the WFA, the State Pension is a contributory benefit which cannot be means-tested.

The only way would be to scrap the current State Pension in it's entirity & replace it with a new system.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Quote from: Diasi on October 09, 2024, 06:10:19 PMUnlike Pension Credit & the WFA, the State Pension is a contributory benefit which cannot be means-tested.

That is interesting and good to know.. Thank you Phil..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I saw something about means testing the increases...

Their ideal appears be to kill us all off. 

I think there will be trouble in the ranks if they keep going with this stuff.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on October 09, 2024, 06:15:58 PMI saw something about means testing the increases...
The same would apply to the triple lock as it's awarded to a contributory benefit so it can't be means-tested.

The legal challenges would be enormous.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

You seem confident. I'm not so sure that I am as the pension is just classed as a benefit so far as I can see.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on October 09, 2024, 06:23:55 PMYou seem confident. I'm not so sure that I am as the pension is just classed as a benefit so far as I can see.
Well it's not, the benefit system has two types, namely contributory & non-contributory.

A contributory benefit is paid out on the basis of what's paid in whilst a non-contributory benefit is paid out even if nothings been paid in. In fact the less that a person pays in the more they get paid out.

A contributory benefit cannot be means-tested but a non-contributory benefit is always means-tested.
[email protected]

Vlad

Just a suggestion, the guvvermunt should take all our income and gives us what the think we need. 😱
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

Ashy

Quote from: Diasi on October 09, 2024, 06:10:19 PMThe only way would be to scrap the current State Pension in it's entirity & replace it with a new system.
I wouldn't put it past them.