Did you know

Started by JBR, October 06, 2024, 07:32:56 PM

« previous - next »

JBR

Did you know, Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities was originally serialised in two newspapers....
Yes, it was The Bicester Times and it was The Worcester Times.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Cassandra

Fascinating JB - 'Bicester' - someone either had influence there, perhaps the great man owed a few quid or Dickens wasn't 'Big Spuds' at that time?
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

A grandfather has gone missing after eating four cans of baked beans, two cauliflowers and a jar of gherkins. 
His family have made an emotional appeal for him not to come home for at least a fortnight.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Ashy

Quote from: JBR on October 06, 2024, 07:32:56 PMDid you know, Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities was originally serialised in two newspapers....

That took me a long time to fall in. :nooo:

dextrous63

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Quote from: Ashy on October 06, 2024, 09:56:09 PMThat took me a long time to fall in. :nooo:
I missed it entirely till you just mentioned it  :nooo:

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Ruthio

I'll get his coat 🤣🤣🤣

Vlad

Quote from: JBR on October 06, 2024, 07:32:56 PMDid you know, Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities was originally serialised in two newspapers....
It took a while but I got there eventually 😂
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

Michael Rolls

Ow Gawd - just twigged!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

JBR

If there are any other people still struggling:

It was the Bicester Times and it was the Worcester Times.
It was the best of times, and it was the worst of times (extract from 'A Tale of Two Cities').
Numquam credere Gallicum

Alex

Quote from: JBR on October 08, 2024, 04:46:12 PMIf there are any other people still struggling:

It was the Bicester Times and it was the Worcester Times.
It was the best of times, and it was the worst of times (extract from 'A Tale of Two Cities').

How long it takes might depend on your accent  :smiley:

Mups

Quote from: Alex on October 08, 2024, 06:00:58 PMHow long it takes might depend on your accent  :smiley:
Thankyou Alex.
I never did reach a conclusion.  :smiley: