The Shadow strikes again..

Started by Scrumpy, September 08, 2024, 10:19:22 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

He came to my house when it was all dark.. He was very silent.. He never rang the doorbell or knocked, for fear of disturbing me..
I knew he had been .. He left a delivery for me..
A very large heavy rug..  
It was raining.. His brain struggled to find the most difficult place to leave it.. 
He hit the jackpot by resting it up against my porch door.. where it remained all night..
When I went downstairs in the morning I couldn't  open the porch door because this heavy rug was propped up against it..   My hero strikes again..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Scrumpy

I don't know who it was.. I had no notification on it being delivered.. 

Alex

Scrumpy

I did order a rug.. 10ft x 8ft.. Amazon.. family firm.
Meant to be delivered next Monday..
It was delivered Friday/Saturday.. After dark..
I didn't have any notification.. Or a  *Delivered* text..

klondike

She was passing my house when it was bright and sunny. 
Only consolation was it wasn't runny.

Alex

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 08, 2024, 06:11:43 PMI did order a rug.. 10ft x 8ft.. Amazon.. family firm.
Meant to be delivered next Monday..
It was delivered Friday/Saturday.. After dark..
I didn't have any notification.. Or a  *Delivered* text..

Yeah but would have been rreally odd if you hadn't ordered one !

Cassandra

Quote from: klondike on September 08, 2024, 08:16:17 PMShe was passing my house when it was bright and sunny.
Only consolation was it wasn't runny.

Filthy woman, If this ever happens with me I immediately utilse the little plastic bags I keep about me. Its embarassing enough doing that as well! Mine do know better though.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Mups

Talking of parcel deliveries,   I just read a very sad thing in the paper about a courier who threw a parcel over someone's gate and it hit their dog.

It must have been thrown pretty hard because it fractured the dog's hip and one leg.

The owner's vet wanted £5,000 to deal with the injuries but the owner couldn't afford it.
So the dog had to be put to sleep.

The woman saw who the driver was and shouted at him.  He just laughed.
Apparently the company is 'looking in to it.'

I would never let that rest.   He would not get away with it if he had done that to my dog.

Scrumpy

GrannyMac

That's awful Mups!  

Delivery firm knocked part of my son's wall down, at the fairly wide entry to the drive.  They paid up eventually to have it rebuilt but it took ages.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

And they leave parcels behind wheelie bins..  Then take a pic.. It could be anywhere.. All wheelie bins around here look the same..
The guys that I have spoken to who deliver are usually nice guys..
I guess it's just the luck of the draw..

I bet there is a lot of fiddling going on..  They have X-ray eyes.. They know exactly what a parcel contains without even opening it..

Alex

Quote from: Mups on September 10, 2024, 10:14:31 PMI would never let that rest.   He would not get away with it if he had done that to my dog.

I would never let that rest either, I'd have taken out a loan for the op, then gone after the delivery firm.

I had a box left yesterday, the photo shows it on my step but it was halfway down the driveway !  It must have blown as a ridiculously sized box for 6 hooks !

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on September 08, 2024, 10:32:04 AMEvri?
Surely, you mean Herpes?

Personally, I avoid that company whenever possible.
Numquam credere Gallicum

klondike

To be fair they do seem to have improved. Sometimes AliExpress uses them as well as using Royal Mail for the UK leg and I've bought a fair bit of cheap stuff there recently and all deliveries have been good.

The last unannounced find behind the recycling bin was delivered by RM and they won't let you pick there as a safe location. It had been there several days.