Main Menu

big foot

Started by Michael Rolls, September 07, 2024, 07:10:24 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

no, nothing to do with the abominable snowman, but England's latest Test cricket debutant. 20 year old Hull is 6'7" and takes size 15 footwear. I didn't even know that there was a size 15! Dad took size 13, and they seemed pretty huge - according to fit I take a 10 or 11. Anyone here willing to share their trotter size?
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

dextrous63

10 to 11, depending on shoe type.

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Wonder what size Klondy needs?

Vlad

Grandson 17 years of age 12.5
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

Scrumpy

Quote from: dextrous63 on September 07, 2024, 10:10:51 AMWonder what size Klondy needs?

Probably a small.. He might say a size 12/13.. BUT.. Men brag..

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Mups

Size 5.

I was always a 4 until more recent years.

Cassandra

Quote from: Michael Rolls on September 07, 2024, 07:10:24 AMno, nothing to do with the abominable snowman, but England's latest Test cricket debutant. 20 year old Hull is 6'7" and takes size 15 footwear. I didn't even know that there was a size 15! Dad took size 13, and they seemed pretty huge - according to fit I take a 10 or 11. Anyone here willing to share their trotter size?

Strangely enough he's the same size as the Northampton giant 'JDF Larter' who first played for England against Pakistan in England 62  years ago.

There were days at Northampton when he just would not fancy bowling. But when the mood took him and his 6ft 7in physique was in perfect working order, he was a frighteningly good fast bowler, as a career record of 666 wickets at 19 apiece suggests"..

I played with a Yorkie who was 1/2 an inch bigger and bought the ball down from around 10 feet! I remember all of us slips and keeper going back 6 meters after his 2nd ball, when someone told him he 'were feeble' Gosh was he quick and like Hull and Larter, they have such wicked bounce. Real nostril crushers (no helmets then). Like most very tall bowlers Larter went in the back soon into his career and he retired when he was 29.

Hull bowled well I thought and he's left handed, huge advantage the swinging ball snipping back after slanting towards slip (right handed bat). Remember Sobers unplayable ball to get Sir Geoff Boycott LBW in 1966. Good luck big man!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

He came in for a lot adverse criticism in the comments on the BBC sports page, but I think much of it undeserved. Today - weather allowing - may be a case of chickens coming home to roost for England unless someone does a Bob Willis Headingley 1981!
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Quote from: Cassandra on September 08, 2024, 10:20:55 PMStrangely enough he's the same size as 
Blimey Cassandra .. for one moment there I thought you were going to add the word 'ME' at the end of your sentence... :grin:

dextrous63

For someone with a 5'8" stature, Larwood did seem to have disproportionately large feet if this piccie is anything to go by (unless the bloke holding the shoes is very small)

Michael Rolls

they do look a bit big
[email protected]