In Court Today

Started by Alex, September 06, 2024, 09:52:00 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

This should be interesting.....Labour Councillor Ricky Jones charged with inciting a crowd to "cut people's throats" all on camera so he can hardly plead not guilty.  He's non white, not that it will make any difference  :lipsrsealed:

Odds on him walking free , or a suspended sentence ?

Scrumpy

My bet will be that he gets a tap on the wrist and told off...

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

He'll probably be apologised to, and the arresting officers suspended for their far right tendencies.

Alex

Have you fact checked this Dex ? He looks non white to me although his name is Jones

Scrumpy

Quote from: dextrous63 on September 06, 2024, 10:11:39 AMHe'll probably be apologised to, and the arresting officers suspended for their far right tendencies.

:grin: :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

His defence barrister has told the judge...

QuoteMr Zahir said: "The words are agreed to have been spoken, though it's denied that he believed the offence of violent disorder would be committed or that his actions could play any part in encouraging the offence."

Well, that's alright then.  He was just kidding.  How we laughed🙄

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

I've read somewhere (or maybe I didn't) that sentencing has been postponed until January  :wtf:

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on September 06, 2024, 09:52:00 AMThis should be interesting.....Labour Councillor Ricky Jones charged with inciting a crowd to "cut people's throats" all on camera so he can hardly plead not guilty.  He's non white, not that it will make any difference  :lipsrsealed:

Odds on him walking free , or a suspended sentence ?
You beat me to this one as it popped up in the Daily Start email that I get every day for some reason & he's certainly not an ethnic Caucasian.

No fast track trip to court for him, his trial has been set for next January & it'll be interesting to see if the judiciary manages to select enough carefully chosen Jury members to return a not guilty verdict.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Ashy

At least he had the sense to plead not guilty. I find it very sad that so many decent people who did maybe ill-advised but relatively harmless things, pleaded guilty and gave the judge every right to sentence them as harshly as he, or whoever is in control, pleased, without having to produce any evidence or make a case. 

Cassandra

The 2021 census showed 4% of the UK was Black and 9.3%. So its pretty certain they'll be no Prosecutions!

When I left England, watching British TV ads made me think I resided in Mombasa - diversity it's called/
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Vlad

Oh dear, oh dear, 🤔🤔🤔
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on September 10, 2024, 05:51:48 PMThe 2021 census showed 4% of the UK was Black and 9.3%. So its pretty certain they'll be no Prosecutions!

When I left England, watching British TV ads made me think I resided in Mombasa - diversity it's called/
Yes, very sad.

I can only go by what I hear, as there are not many non-white people living around here and those who do are good people.  Unfortunately, that is apparently not the general case in this country now.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Vlad

Oh dear, such a pity that we cannot shot them all like they do in the USA for any minor traffic violation eh?
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

JBR

Quote from: Vlad on September 10, 2024, 06:35:17 PMOh dear, such a pity that we cannot shot them all like they do in the USA for any minor traffic violation eh?
We know several educated and very civilised non-white people, including some GPS and consultants.

Yes, I do tend to go on about illegal immigrants (and possibly some here legally), but I fully accept that many of them are a distinct benefit to this country.
Numquam credere Gallicum