Rwanda

Started by Alex, September 05, 2024, 08:23:36 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Germany is considering deporting migrants to Rwanda, where it could use asylum facilities paid for by the UK.

Joachim Stamp, Germany's migration commissioner, proposed using Rwanda as a third party country for migrants amid growing pressure on the coalition government to restrict and deter asylum seekers from entering the EU.

He suggested it could be part of a wider move by the EU to use existing asylum facilities in Rwanda, initially intended for Rishi Sunak's scheme to deport illegal migrants to the East African nation.

What an absolute plonker Starmer  !

dextrous63

Excellent.  All we have to do is deport everyone who has arrived irregularly (to start with) to Germany, and let them do the rest.

klondike

I didn't think it would work for us and I doubt it will for them either although they will ignore the ECHR it will still be too expensive.

It does seem that Europe is taking the shituation a bit more seriously now though. The only way they can get here is via Europe. The problem I see is the huge number already there and if they start getting some stick that may push them to the land of the free (food, lodging etc. etc.  but obviously not speech).

dextrous63

Perhaps we could send our own convicts to Rwanda, especially those who are being imprisoned for complaining about immigration.

Mups

Quote from: dextrous63 on September 06, 2024, 09:19:13 AMPerhaps we could send our own convicts to Rwanda, especially those who are being imprisoned for complaining about immigration.

Or  even Starmer, perhaps?

Scrumpy

Quote from: Alex on September 05, 2024, 08:23:36 PMGermany is considering deporting migrants to Rwanda, where it could use asylum facilities paid for by the UK.

Paid for by the UK

Those words are so familiar.. We seem to have a bottomless purse..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..