Shop Lifters

Started by Mups, August 28, 2024, 05:13:50 PM

« previous - next »

Mups

Quote from: klondike on August 29, 2024, 06:20:38 AMClearly they could. I expect it isn't all personal use either they will be selling on or stealing to order.

It's funny you should say that,  because on the local news just now it said  some market traders are buying the stolen goods of these people now,  then selling them on at a profit.
The cops said it is getting a big problem.

muddy

I saw that on the news too .
Disgraceful .

GrannyMac

All the supermarkets round here have security, I don't know how much of a deterrent they are.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Fear plays a big part in tackling these thieves...
The fear of being stabbed...
The fear of upsetting the offender... by picking on them because of their  race /colour/ beliefs..
and ,not forgetting, their state of mind..
Please note that I , when talking of (colour), include the white man too..

Security on a shop floor could be seen as intimidating.. Therefore making the thief act in an aggressive manner to protect themselves..
The law courts seem to be on the side of the wrongdoer.. I should imagine they have free lawyers at their disposal to help them.. 

August 30, 2024, 09:07:42 AM

The life of a shoplifter is very inviting..
They certainly have it easier than I do.. Free food and drink.. with money, made from selling stolen goods, .....

I wouldn't mind some of that.. !!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Security no doubt does have an effect on the "slightly tempted", but probably no effect on the regular thieves.

Even if they are caught and prosecuted, many will plead poverty and unable to pay any fines, and there are no places in prisons, since we now need those cells to lock up people posting anti government policy on Facebook.

Mups

Quote from: dextrous63 on August 30, 2024, 09:09:36 AMSecurity no doubt does have an effect on the "slightly tempted", but probably no effect on the regular thieves.

Even if they are caught and prosecuted, many will plead poverty and unable to pay any fines, and there are no places in prisons, since we now need those cells to lock up people posting anti government policy on Facebook.

I think that first bit is probably very true, Dex.
No doubt the security people know a lot of the regular faces, too.

Raven

Quote from: dextrous63 on August 30, 2024, 09:09:36 AMand there are no places in prisons, since we now need those cells to lock up people posting anti government policy on Facebook.

Facebook is down on me just now, they remove so many of my posts, they're mostly just things I've shared from my feed. At least twice a week, sometimes more they remove them and the original ones I shared from are still left. :wtf:
Yesterday was the finish for me, I follow the Budweiser Clydesdales page and they put up an article along with photos of 4 new babies and a moment later it was removed and I got another warning about posting unsuitable things 🤷
I'm seriously thinking of closing the account as enough is enough.
Tell me, what's wrong with these photos that they deem them unsuitable?

Scrumpy

I can see nothing at all wrong with pics of the young Clydedales..
As a matter of fact they are charming..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Apart from your use of the word "wee", which they might not understand as meaning anything other than urine, it's a mystery to me too🤷🏻�♂️🤷🏻�♂️

Why not post it on OFC and see what the turnip and his bots make of it.

Ashy

Liable to ever-excite the Turks I expect.

August 30, 2024, 01:30:51 PM
Quote from: Mups on August 29, 2024, 10:49:43 AMThe cops said it is getting a big problem.

Perhaps they need to get out there and do some police work then. 

On the other hand, the modern idea of "help yourself" shops doesn't help the shopkeepers, does it? If they employed counter staff like they used to the thieves would be more  thwarted.  

GrannyMac

Those pics are great Raven, can't imagine what they found fault with!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 30, 2024, 11:28:06 AMI can see nothing at all wrong with pics of the young Clydedales..
As a matter of fact they are charming.

Quote from: GrannyMac on August 30, 2024, 01:39:49 PMThose pics are great Raven, can't imagine what they found fault with!

Lovely young foals, Raven.
Who on earth could object to that.   Weird.  :rolleyes:

dextrous63

What other things have you been posting Raven, that has offended them?

Cassandra

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...