Started by Vlad, August 25, 2024, 12:13:43 PM

« previous - next »

dextrous63

Ah, but he created heaven and earth first😬😉

Vlad

No he didn't, coz he couldn't see bugger all! 🤣
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

klondike

Don't go expecting the bible to make any sense....

[1:1] In the beginning when God created the heavens and the earth,
[1:2] the earth was a formless void and darkness covered the face of the deep, while a wind from God swept over the face of the waters.
[1:3] Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.
[1:4] And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.
[1:5] God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on August 26, 2024, 07:49:43 PMDon't go expecting the bible to make any sense....

[1:1] In the beginning when God created the heavens and the earth,
[1:2] the earth was a formless void and darkness covered the face of the deep, while a wind from God swept over the face of the waters.
[1:3] Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.
[1:4] And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.
[1:5] God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.
Makes sense to me.
If the Earth was originally rotating only slowiy (at the same rate as it orbits the sun) the same side would be always in darkness.  God, therefore, just gave it a little kick and set it off rotating!

See?  Perfectly believable.
Except I don't believe a word of it.  There is no God!  (Oh God, I'll be off to Hell when I turn my toes up.)
Numquam credere Gallicum

klondike

Considering that's the creation myth of a bunch of nomadic goat herders who thought the earth was flat. If they even considered the matter at all. I think your interpretation is overly technical. They just thought he turned the big  light on, which of course being God he didn't need but was just a decoration, after he made the wet and windy rocky bit and the sparkles.

dextrous63

What is particularly cunning is that He created all of this a few thousand years ago, but made it look a lot older to give the non-believers something to play with.

Kinda like the old trick of wiping paper with tea and scorching the edges to make it look like old scroll paper.

Vlad

And ye verily, it came to pass that a son was born...The Chosen One...Vlad.

And he did wander into the lands of OFF..and he was sore afraid....

For In the land of OFF  lived the Beasts, the Guardians of the Rules. and the Beasts were many and brought terror to those that posted without first worshiping at the altar of The Rules.

For  the rules were many, some ancient, their meanings lost in time, some that few but scholars could understand and they were numbered and these numbers would be cascaded down upon those that transgressed the rules.
And the rules were the rules and were not to be questioned but obeyed because they were the rules.
Yet Vlad did see the light and bimbled over here with the rest of the loons...morning all.
Did you know and not a lot of people do, in another time in another place I would have been a God, i looked in the mirror this morning and fell in love.

klondike

Quote from: Vlad on August 27, 2024, 08:21:55 AMi looked in the mirror this morning
Oh heroic venerable one thou art truly the god honoured throughout time.

Vlad

Quote from: klondike on August 27, 2024, 08:34:26 AMOh heroic venerable one thou art truly the god honoured throughout time.
Ooooo...get you! Consider yourself promoted to Chief Rabbi and Fan Club Administrator 

klondike

A being that can look upon his own countenance in the morning is indeed mighty.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Vlad on August 27, 2024, 08:21:55 AMAnd ye verily, it came to pass that a son was born...The Chosen One...Vlad.

And he did wander into the lands of OFF..and he was sore afraid....

For In the land of OFF  lived the Beasts, the Guardians of the Rules. and the Beasts were many and brought terror to those that posted without first worshiping at the altar of The Rules.

For  the rules were many, some ancient, their meanings lost in time, some that few but scholars could understand and they were numbered and these numbers would be cascaded down upon those that transgressed the rules.
And the rules were the rules and were not to be questioned but obeyed because they were the rules.
Yet Vlad did see the light and bimbled over here with the rest of the loons...morning all.
Did you know and not a lot of people do, in another time in another place I would have been a God, i looked in the mirror this morning and fell in love.

And the mirror cracked...
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Vlad

Quote from: klondike on August 27, 2024, 08:49:03 AMA being that can look upon his own countenance in the morning is indeed mighty.
I think i might be anorexic...i actually saw a fat old guy

August 27, 2024, 09:23:17 AM
Quote from: Scrumpy on August 27, 2024, 08:57:34 AMAnd the mirror cracked...
Don't you bloody start mate.🤬

klondike

Quote from: Vlad on August 27, 2024, 09:22:33 AMI think i might be anorexic...i actually saw a fat old guy
Perhaps you are somehow cross wired to Dex's mirror?

klondike

:grin: :grin: :grin:

August 27, 2024, 12:55:05 PM
Quote from: dextrous63 on August 27, 2024, 08:12:05 AMWhat is particularly cunning is that He created all of this a few thousand years ago, but made it look a lot older to give the non-believers something to play with.
Fully explained by Douglas Adams in his biography of Arthur Dent. The fake dinosaur skeletons were lovingly sculpted and secreted in the rocks by the Magratheans.